Running Hondata Mobile on your radio/navi

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
And apparently this method doesn't work anymore? I followed it to a tee... even spent 30 bucks on a USB a to a cable after hunting one down locally.... what a pain in the ass.

Can I get some straight info... from some sort of source. Or a video... that's current.... and applies to my car.... christ

Screenshot_20180902-174142_Samsung Internet.jpg
that method only works for 2016-17. if you have a 2018 then you have to pay for it

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Ok so I pay this dude.... use browser to let some magic ether hack my software... then what? Why was it such a big deal to enter developer mode on the 18s?... i'm still lost.

Step by step start to finish listed in order. Does this exist somewhere?

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Ok read that. That's only half. Once that's done then what? Is the hondata mobile already there once the hack is done. Don't I still need to download the app? Don't I need to change some bluetooth setting in flashpro manager? Click a box and disconnect etc etc etc etc.

Im being a little sarcastic but also serious because I think i'm usually pretty good at this stuff and can't imagine how some of the others feel about it. It's overly complicated.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Ok read that. That's only half. Once that's done then what? Is the hondata mobile already there once the hack is done. Don't I still need to download the app? Don't I need to change some bluetooth setting in flashpro manager? Click a box and disconnect etc etc etc etc.

Im being a little sarcastic but also serious because I think i'm usually pretty good at this stuff and can't imagine how some of the others feel about it. It's overly complicated.
actually you might be able to install it with the cable. The auto install is much easier and safer to use.

you download the app and install it from a usb stick just follow hondata directions

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Done that. Won't download. Hack won't either. Guess i'm stuck.

Sasksport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport, 1994 turbo DC2, 89 h22 crx
Country flag
you literally just follow this: http://www.autohack.org/vehicles/civic/

now that you have Honda hack installed,
- put the latest Hondata mobile apk file on a usb stick
- plug the usb stick into your car
- in Honda hack click install apps, select the Hondata app to install.

now go plug your Flashpro into a computer,
in Flashpro manager, go to the Flashpro window, click Bluetooth, click the 2018 Bluetooth setting on.

then you should be able to pair your phone to your infotainment.
at this point you might be where I am where Hondata app wont pair with the Flashpro or some people it works just fine now.

kobaltz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI | 2018 Odyssey EX-L
For Honda Civic SI 2018, here is the basic rundown.

1. Enter Developer mode
2. Install latest Hondata tablet app on Infotainment
3. Update Hondata FlashPro to latest stable
4. Set the FlashPro setting for the '18 Civic
5. Connect FlashPro via Bluetooth
6. Launch Hondata app on Infotainment

1. Enter Developer Mode (similar to the previous method, but with a different button sequence)

Hit "Build number" the 7 times it takes to ask for the "passcord".

Then, hit these buttons in the following sequence:

1. Kernel version
2. Model Number
3. Build number (Again!)
4. Status (Top item on the page)

Ignore the 1-4 numbers, they mean nothing. It's looking for the strings, not any real number sequence.

Credit /u/mattj949

This is an important step. You likely have an older version. This link is to the v1.5 version of the Hondata Dash app. The older versions will not work.

Download https://www.hondata.com/forum/download/file.php?id=10594 onto a FAT32 formatted USB drive

Insert the drive into the USB port of the car (in the drink holder USB slow of the center arm rest)
On the Infotainment, there should be an app to Install App
Install the Hondata Mobile app on the Infotainment.

You will need at least FlashPro V3.1.2 (17 Aug 2018)

http://hondata.com/updates/index.php?app=FlashProManager&action=download&includebeta=1

See the Bluetooth Vehicle Pairing for the CHECKBOX that you will need to check for the FlashPro

https://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/bluetooth_vehicle_pairing.htm

Go into the Bluetooth settings of the car and pair the FlashPro with the car. It should now connect (previously was failing)

From my experience, you no longer need to press the lightning connector to get the FlashPro to pair with the app. You only will be prompted the first time to select the Bluetooth device; which should now be paired and working.

These are basically all of the steps that I did for getting my '18 Civic SI to work with the FlashPro Dash app. Prior to getting it working, I did install HondaHack, but once I was able to get it working, I installed the infotainment app via the normal Honda App Installer instead of HondaHack. If you are unable to install the app, you may need HondaHack, but it should work without it.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For Honda Civic SI 2018, here is the basic rundown.

1. Enter Developer mode

1. Enter Developer Mode (similar to the previous method, but with a different button sequence)

Hit "Build number" the 7 times it takes to ask for the "passcord".

Then, hit these buttons in the following sequence:

1. Kernel version
2. Model Number
3. Build number (Again!)
4. Status (Top item on the page)

Ignore the 1-4 numbers, they mean nothing. It's looking for the strings, not any real number sequence.

Credit /u/mattj949

Download https://www.hondata.com/forum/download/file.php?id=10594 onto a FAT32 formatted USB drive
Insert the drive into the USB port of the car (in the drink holder USB slow of the center arm rest)
On the Infotainment, there should be an app to Install App
Install the Hondata Mobile app on the Infotainment.

You will need at least FlashPro V3.1.2 (17 Aug 2018)

http://hondata.com/updates/index.php?app=FlashProManager&action=download&includebeta=1

See the Bluetooth Vehicle Pairing for the CHECKBOX that you will need to check for the FlashPro

https://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/bluetooth_vehicle_pairing.htm

Go into the Bluetooth settings of the car and pair the FlashPro with the car. It should now connect (previously was failing)

From my experience, you no longer need to press the lightning connector to get the FlashPro to pair with the app. You only will be prompted the first time to select the Bluetooth device; which should now be paired and working.

These are basically all of the steps that I did for getting my '18 Civic SI to work with the FlashPro Dash app. Prior to getting it working, I did install HondaHack, but once I was able to get it working, I installed the infotainment app via the normal Honda App Installer instead of HondaHack. If you are unable to install the app, you may need HondaHack, but it should work without it.

I did this previously and the install button is not selectable (faded out and wont press). I do not have honda hack. I'll try this exact step by step later on today and let you know.

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Country flag
So here's my hangup, I'm on a 17 Si, I plug the laptop in and run the honda hack but it won't connect. My understanding is the free honda hack should work with 16s and 17s, any advice anyone?

RunningHot2017

20 years. Smashing gears.
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Quick question. I have the app installed and the app runs and connects. However, when I start to drive the app is forced closed and the screen says that "this function is not availible while vehicle is in motion." Or something like that

Is this just something that happens now? Or should I be able to use this while driving?

Joescivic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 K20 swapped coupe and 2013 Si coupe
Country flag
What are the steps to UPDATE the Hondata app in the infotainment system in my 2017 Type R? Turns out there was an update for a really long time and I never did it. Figured maybe it would update automatically when it is say, in the garage and wifi is connected, meaning it has internet connection. Turns out not to be that simple. Lol.

Brian17Si

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you! I just got i stalled and was pretty smooth. You guys and girls are geniuses! I don’t know what those gray dots are at top but excited to start using.

Honda Civic 10th gen Running Hondata Mobile on your radio/navi 681B16B9-AFDD-44FE-BAA0-7A471575274B
Sponsored