_HatchED_

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatchback Sport 6mt
Country flag
Yup definitely I have a friend that runs it. I got a type r exhaust now and it has 2 resonators so I have 0 rasp
I recently replaced the rear section with a straight through muffler on my type r exhaust and still have not raspiness at all due to the 2 resonators.
Sponsored

CivicSiNJ

First Name
Hampsen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Is anyone running a catted dp with a muffler delete on this forum? Interested on buying catted I know this is mainly for catless dp questions but I'm interested.

_HatchED_

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatchback Sport 6mt
Country flag
So if I were to get a catless dp on stock exhaust it shouldn’t sound too ricey?
From what others say on here, the stock Si exhaust can sound sound ricey. I'm on a type r catback and it sounds pretty good.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So if I were to get a catless dp on stock exhaust it shouldn’t sound too ricey?
Ran catless DP with stock exhaust for about a month and it's honestly not as bad as everyone says. It sounds much better in person compared to all the videos on youtube, sounds a bit louder than stock but also quieter than a muffler delete. You get some really nice pops/crackles whenever you let off the gas, especially in 1st/2nd.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is anyone running a catted dp with a muffler delete on this forum? Interested on buying catted I know this is mainly for catless dp questions but I'm interested.
If you go catless DP with a muffler delete it will be very loud. One of my buddies is straight piped and recently installed catless DP and he says it's blaringly loud and kinda sounds like a fart can.

I imagine if you went catted it would be a bit better but definitely a tiny bit louder, not much though

CivicSiNJ

First Name
Hampsen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
If you go catless DP with a muffler delete it will be very loud. One of my buddies is straight piped and recently installed catless DP and he says it's blaringly loud and kinda sounds like a fart can.

I imagine if you went catted it would be a bit better but definitely a tiny bit louder, not much though
Yeah i’d rather go with catted but do you know if i can run a high flow catted without having to tune the car ?

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah i’d rather go with catted but do you know if i can run a high flow catted without having to tune the car ?
Should be fine running it without a tune, it's just that most people recommend having a tune so you can experience the full potential of the cat/downpipe. I'm currently running catless DP no tune right now because I wanted to use the warranty a bit and got the DP for free as a gift from a friend.

Not much HP increase but my turbo definitely spools much quicker, good sound too.

also nj represent :D

CivicSiNJ

First Name
Hampsen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Should be fine running it without a tune, it's just that most people recommend having a tune so you can experience the full potential of the cat/downpipe. I'm currently running catless DP no tune right now because I wanted to use the warranty a bit and got the DP for free as a gift from a friend.

Not much HP increase but my turbo definitely spools much quicker, good sound too.

gee im just happy you said that haha now I will buy this dp and run without as tune for now till I save more money for a tuner

and yes sir NJ Represent

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
gee im just happy you said that haha now I will buy this dp and run without as tune for now till I save more money for a tuner

and yes sir NJ Represent
Yeah for the money you will definitely get more gains out of a tuner compared to only a DP but honestly I'm kinda pussy to tune my car so soon bc it's only been 3 months or so, just wanna drive it for a bit and make sure I don't have any major problems and also save up some extra money for a retrofit clutch then it's full send

CivicSiNJ

First Name
Hampsen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Yeah for the money you will definitely get more gains out of a tuner compared to only a DP but honestly I'm kinda pussy to tune my car so soon bc it's only been 3 months or so, just wanna drive it for a bit and make sure I don't have any major problems and also save up some extra money for a retrofit clutch then it's full send
I feel that i want to tune but i’m still waiting o see more on this new Phearable tune because it seems like it’s better than TSP, but like everyone been saying there are no cons but there has to be something you know lol thanks for letting me know i could run a DP tho with no tune for now ??

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I feel that i want to tune but i’m still waiting o see more on this new Phearable tune because it seems like it’s better than TSP, but like everyone been saying there are no cons but there has to be something you know lol thanks for letting me know i could run a DP tho with no tune for now ??
damn bro are u me LMFAOOO I'm in the same boat, probably going to go phearable over tsp but yeah like you said I'm going to wait a bit to see if there's any issues. And you got it brotha

nmark328

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag

Have you taken it to the dealer yet? If so, they didn't decide to void the warranty? (Just asking, got my catless dp in the mail today waiting for my O2 Spacer to come in. And I want to make use of the warranties while I still can!)

Emac16

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag

So i joined this Forum just because of this post. i recently ordered a PRL Catless DP should be here tomorrow. Dont have a Ktuner yet waiting closer to my Bday in Nov. but couldn't pass up the deal on the DP. but after reading your post i might just throw it on now with the stock exhaust and when i get the tuner update everything.

Side note ive recently heard all about this Pherable tune compared to TSP. i still fully plan on getting TSP only because I daily my civic 100+ miles the days i work on TSP tune i can leave normal mode stock tune. throw it in sport and custom tune. With pherable its do u want the tune on or off which map. even in normal mode its running 20+ boost which i dont like as a daily. idk much about ktuner maybe thats something i can adjust with that. This is my first honda coming from BMW Ford and Nissan. still have much to learn

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So i joined this Forum just because of this post. i recently ordered a PRL Catless DP should be here tomorrow. Dont have a Ktuner yet waiting closer to my Bday in Nov. but couldn't pass up the deal on the DP. but after reading your post i might just throw it on now with the stock exhaust and when i get the tuner update everything.

Side note ive recently heard all about this Pherable tune compared to TSP. i still fully plan on getting TSP only because I daily my civic 100+ miles the days i work on TSP tune i can leave normal mode stock tune. throw it in sport and custom tune. With pherable its do u want the tune on or off which map. even in normal mode its running 20+ boost which i dont like as a daily. idk much about ktuner maybe thats something i can adjust with that. This is my first honda coming from BMW Ford and Nissan. still have much to learn
Welcome to the forum bro!! Yeah you'll be fine running catless without a tune, just won't see the most gains till you tune

But yeah after doing research I do like that too, seems like some people DD with phearable tune but idk if it would work for me since I drive in NYC traffic every morning.
Sponsored