201FK8

First Name
VINZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC TYPE R FK8, CRX SI 87', MAZDA 3 14'
Country flag
So I'm curious how to know how to do this right if you can be as detailed as possible I would appreciate it! I'm planning to buy a new wheel set which is a square set up 18x10 et40 to be exact and I'm planning to a staggered tire set up.
I'm wondering what would be the right tire width/tire profile difference to properly do it. I'm on stock suspension as well, I hope someone can help me.
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
So I'm curious how to know how to do this right if you can be as detailed as possible I would appreciate it! I'm planning to buy a new wheel set which is a square set up 18x10 et40 to be exact and I'm planning to a staggered tire set up.
I'm wondering what would be the right tire width/tire profile difference to properly do it. I'm on stock suspension as well, I hope someone can help me.
With the reverse staggered setup, you have a few choices. The most obvious one would be to just play widths, have a wider front width over the rear. From the performance aspect, if you have a thinner rear, it'll be easier to do a lift off oversteer and have the car turn in a bit more, but you'll not have as much stability at high speed or on corner exit (though it's an FF car in regards to corner exit). There is no "normal" setup because it's rarely been done. You might also be able to reduce the diameter of the rears to further the "rear looseness" of the car to make it break easier in the rear.

An example of a race car with a reverse staggered setup is the Nissan GTR LM NISMO race car. If I'm not mistaken, though, on this car they didn't change the diameter of the rear wheel, just its width (14" vs 9").

Edit: I always loved the ambition put into an anti-race car of cars that Nissan tried to create. I so wanted it to succeed, and do feel like that if they did put enough time into it it could become a fast car, but there were countless engineering challenges to overcome. Still remains one of my favorite race cars to date because it was completely out of the box... Plus the exhaust tips were on the freaking hood of the car!

Last edited:

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was watching Hot Version Vol. 158 other day and J's racing was running a reverse stagger (pic below) on their FK8 and ran the fastest time on the Touge. I'd have to check later for details but from what i remember they were running 18's with 295's on the front (crazy lol) and i believe it was 265's in the rear which is common for you guys.

When speaking with the autox guys they say most of the faster guys are all running reverse stagger and in watching older Hot Version episodes it seems to be a common theme for faster FF's to run reverse stagger.

Honda Civic 10th gen Running a Staggered setup "Reverse Staggered" 2020-02-10_7-23-18

OP
OP

201FK8

First Name
VINZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was watching Hot Version Vol. 158 other day and J's racing was running a reverse stagger (pic below) on their FK8 and ran the fastest time on the Touge. I'd have to check later for details but from what i remember they were running 18's with 295's on the front (crazy lol) and i believe it was 265's in the rear which is common for you guys.

When speaking with the autox guys they say most of the faster guys are all running reverse stagger and in watching older Hot Version episodes it seems to be a common theme for faster FF's to run reverse stagger.

2020-02-10_7-23-18.jpg
where did yo watch it? I have been waiting for this vol due to it filled with fk8 cars lol

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
where did yo watch it? I have been waiting for this vol due to it filled with fk8 cars lol
purchased the dvd via ebay as a gift for my dad since he just recently purchased his FK8. I'd purchase it through their Youtube though. The DVD is region 2 so you cant watch it at will. PS4's can only switch region settings 4 times before locking to the last region you're on. I had to burn the dvd in order to make it region free.

Also no subtitles lol luckily you're able to make out most of the specs when they display them but tough to figure out their impression of the cars lol Not sure if Youtube versions have subtitles on the new one's. Apparently all Hot versions will be on Amazon Prime but i've yet to see that happen in the US :/

OP
OP

201FK8

First Name
VINZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
purchased the dvd via ebay as a gift for my dad since he just recently purchased his FK8. I'd purchase it through their Youtube though. The DVD is region 2 so you cant watch it at will. PS4's can only switch region settings 4 times before locking to the last region you're on. I had to burn the dvd in order to make it region free.

Also no subtitles lol luckily you're able to make out most of the specs when they display them but tough to figure out their impression of the cars lol Not sure if Youtube versions have subtitles on the new one's. Apparently all Hot versions will be on Amazon Prime but i've yet to see that happen in the US :/
That's what I read too! so what was the fastest time done by an fk8 in the TOUGE? I guess that's the most important part for fk8 owners lol

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's what I read too! so what was the fastest time done by an fk8 in the TOUGE? I guess that's the most important part for fk8 owners lol
I'll check the exact times when i get home but 1st place was J's, 2nd place Spoon and 3rd place Cusco... BUT cusco was the only one that was running stock power. I think J's was 25.6ish seconds and spoon was 25.9 i believe?

Spoon got the overall best rating and J's 2nd but by 1 point off

OP
OP

201FK8

First Name
VINZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'll check the exact times when i get home but 1st place was J's, 2nd place Spoon and 3rd place Cusco... BUT cusco was the only one that was running stock power. I think J's was 25.6ish seconds and spoon was 25.9 i believe?

Spoon got the overall best rating and J's 2nd but by 1 point off
WOW! SO THE POSSIBILITY IS THERE TO BREAK INTO THE LOW 25'S AND EVEN BREAK 24'S!! I'D APPRECIATE IT IF YOU CAN CONFIRM THE TIME ONCE YOU GET TO IT

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
Just FYI: The Pontiac Grand Prix GTP had a "reversed" staggered setup from the factory. But that was GMs way of trying to tame the understeer in that rather large and front heavy sedan.

shakedown94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #8479. Past cars - 80 Civic,97 Civic,87 Integra,94 Integra,94 Civic,00 Integra,12 Hyundai Accent
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had been running 18x9.5+45 Titan 7 with BFG Rival 275-35-18f 245-40-18r. I ran them on the street and 2 track days. stock springs and shocks. These wheels are now on daily duty.

I now have a set of the "Stig JDM" spec titan 7 18x10.7f 18x9.5r. I have not decided if I am going to run the same tires as before or go 295-35-18f 255-40-18r A052.

OP
OP

201FK8

First Name
VINZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I had been running 18x9.5+45 Titan 7 with BFG Rival 275-35-18f 245-40-18r. I ran them on the street and 2 track days. stock springs and shocks. These wheels are now on daily duty.

I now have a set of the "Stig JDM" spec titan 7 18x10.7f 18x9.5r. I have not decided if I am going to run the same tires as before or go 295-35-18f 255-40-18r A052.
how is it in the streets? that seem to be whats going to happen on mine thinking 285-35-18f 255-40-18r on 18x10 +45 will be tracking my car probably 2-3 this year as I live in Washington and it could expensive I don't really have a problem not being able to rotate my tires as I have another car to daily drive. I Just want to improve the "feel" more in an already amazing feeling car don't care much about increasing the power unless I start chasing time when I track it. what we have in abundance here in Washington is nice well paved curvy backroads

shakedown94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #8479. Past cars - 80 Civic,97 Civic,87 Integra,94 Integra,94 Civic,00 Integra,12 Hyundai Accent
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
how is it in the streets? that seem to be whats going to happen on mine thinking 285-35-18f 255-40-18r on 18x10 +45 will be tracking my car probably 2-3 this year as I live in Washington and it could expensive I don't really have a problem not being able to rotate my tires as I have another car to daily drive. I Just want to improve the "feel" more in an already amazing feeling car don't care much about increasing the power unless I start chasing time when I track it. what we have in abundance here in Washington is nice well paved curvy backroads
It was fine. I enjoyed them a lot. I went through 2 sets of fronts to 1 set rear without being able to rotate. But, the Rivals get sketchy in the wet once close to the wear bars. Do not like cold and wet combined either once the rears were heat cycled out. Running Michelin Pilot sport 4s now to have better street manors and being able to rotate for better life. And, not worry about tread depth for street driving. Will be nice to have a track only set now

OP
OP

201FK8

First Name
VINZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It was fine. I enjoyed them a lot. I went through 2 sets of fronts to 1 set rear without being able to rotate. But, the Rivals get sketchy in the wet once close to the wear bars. Do not like cold and wet combined either once the rears were heat cycled out. Running Michelin Pilot sport 4s now to have better street manors and being able to rotate for better life. And, not worry about tread depth for street driving. Will be nice to have a track only set now
ARE YOU RUNNING STAGGERED STILL?

shakedown94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ARE YOU RUNNING STAGGERED STILL?
not on the street. Wanted to be able to rotate the daily set to get better life.

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
J’s Racing tire setup for Vol. 158 was F 295/35R18 R 265/40R18. Confirmed J’s ran a 25”688 using “ECU: J’s Racing”. Spoon actually ran a 25”713 using “ECU: Hondata (Spoon)”. All were running the Cusco 1.5 way differential.
Sponsored