First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I started last season running a reverse staggered setup for autoX. The car is prepped for SCCA DS setup so we are limited to stock width wheels(19x8.5 NSX wheels), and only one sway bar can be changed(in this case rear). We ran 275 front, 245 rear. Running even with the stock rear sway bar the car is very neutral, actually in most cases its actually very oversteery especially on cold tires(this probably is not in small part due to the rear brakes based yaw control thing that this car also has). It made the car quite tricky to drive and without a way to really calm it down outside of playing with rear pressure it was a challenge to deal with especially considering the limited # of runs in an autoX and having the risk to throw out first runs. We decided to shift back to running normal square setup with 265 all around and running with Karcepts rear bar and I think we really didn't lose the balance(in the best case of the staggered setup) but we gain a much wider range to adjust

I would be curious without the rear brake thing if the car can be tuned maybe differently to dial the car in to be less nervous on the narrower rear. Also if you are not limited to rule limitations from the autoX there are other knobs you can probably play with.
Sponsored

shakedown94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #8479. Past cars - 80 Civic,97 Civic,87 Integra,94 Integra,94 Civic,00 Integra,12 Hyundai Accent
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I started last season running a reverse staggered setup for autoX. The car is prepped for SCCA DS setup so we are limited to stock width wheels(19x8.5 NSX wheels), and only one sway bar can be changed(in this case rear). We ran 275 front, 245 rear. Running even with the stock rear sway bar the car is very neutral, actually in most cases its actually very oversteery especially on cold tires(this probably is not in small part due to the rear brakes based yaw control thing that this car also has). It made the car quite tricky to drive and without a way to really calm it down outside of playing with rear pressure it was a challenge to deal with especially considering the limited # of runs in an autoX and having the risk to throw out first runs. We decided to shift back to running normal square setup with 265 all around and running with Karcepts rear bar and I think we really didn't lose the balance(in the best case of the staggered setup) but we gain a much wider range to adjust

I would be curious without the rear brake thing if the car can be tuned maybe differently to dial the car in to be less nervous on the narrower rear. Also if you are not limited to rule limitations from the autoX there are other knobs you can probably play with.
Ya, wish the yaw control was turned off along w/ stability control and traction control on the long hold of the traction off. The car binds up in turns because of it. I would rather tune the handling to deal w/ any understeer and not have the car do weird stuff on you.

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
J’s Racing tire setup for Vol. 158 was F 295/35R18 R 265/40R18. Confirmed J’s ran a 25”688 using “ECU: J’s Racing”. Spoon actually ran a 25”713 using “ECU: Hondata (Spoon)”. All were running the Cusco 1.5 way differential.
Just for comparison sake, the two fastest cars on the Gunmai touge both clocked the same time of 24.672 seconds; the Feed FD3S and the J's Racing S2000. Both are heavily modified.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ya, wish the yaw control was turned off along w/ stability control and traction control on the long hold of the traction off. The car binds up in turns because of it. I would rather tune the handling to deal w/ any understeer and not have the car do weird stuff on you.
For sure, it adds to kind of a 2 stage behavior to the car since the car is pretty willing to rotate into the corner but sometimes more than what the state of the tires are willing to cash out in latter part of the cornering state, especially if the front tires get hot. In the dry though(on square setup) its not a huge issue but it adds something to think about.

Running it with the pedal dance mode does seem to disable it. But that would probably require some different thoughts into tuning the car probably.

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just for comparison sake, the two fastest cars on the Gunmai touge both clocked the same time of 24.672 seconds; the Feed FD3S and the J's Racing S2000. Both are heavily modified.
Thats riiight! Both of those cars are nuts. One that impressed me from a prior Vol. was The Seeker FD2. 25”418 on the touge also running reverse stagger lol

Acrbling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' CW FK8, 16' AW F32
Country flag
For those of you running the 10.5/10.7 up front, what was needed to make the 295's fit?

Im thinking about getting a set of the Stig spec Titans.

Thanks in advance.

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had been running 18x9.5+45 Titan 7 with BFG Rival 275-35-18f 245-40-18r. I ran them on the street and 2 track days. stock springs and shocks. These wheels are now on daily duty.

I now have a set of the "Stig JDM" spec titan 7 18x10.7f 18x9.5r. I have not decided if I am going to run the same tires as before or go 295-35-18f 255-40-18r A052.
Are you running front coilovers with the 18x10.7 Stigs? What mm spacer did you use? Some people claim it fits, only with a coilover, but also heard people saying they dont fit.

OP
OP

201FK8

First Name
VINZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC TYPE R FK8, CRX SI 87', MAZDA 3 14'
Country flag
Are you running front coilovers with the 18x10.7 Stigs? What mm spacer did you use? Some people claim it fits, only with a coilover, but also heard people saying they dont fit.
If youre going to run it on stock strut you'll have to atleast run 10mm spacers meaning you'll need extended studs then you will have to trim some of the bracket because even at 10mm spacers at full lock the lip of the wheels will rub on the bracket. 295/30 is the ideal sizing.

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If youre going to run it on stock strut you'll have to atleast run 10mm spacers meaning you'll need extended studs then you will have to trim some of the bracket because even at 10mm spacers at full lock the lip of the wheels will rub on the bracket. 295/30 is the ideal sizing.
Already went thru that exercise learning they don’t fit with stock struts lol.

I’m on JRZs now, and reading it needs a 3mm

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
So I'm curious how to know how to do this right if you can be as detailed as possible I would appreciate it! I'm planning to buy a new wheel set which is a square set up 18x10 et40 to be exact and I'm planning to a staggered tire set up.
I'm wondering what would be the right tire width/tire profile difference to properly do it. I'm on stock suspension as well, I hope someone can help me.
Just play with your offsets to get what you want so you can still rotate the tires
Sponsored