Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Still didn't make sense, the base model turbo charges Honda civic touring at m dealership was starting at 26k the si would most likely cost more then this right? So why would anyone pay for an si that's less hp and everything then the type r, when they could get a base model 2016 wrx for 26k and pay less then they would for an si...
Not everyone wants a 6MT, a stiff suspension, AWD, or a sacrifice in fuel economy. Ford seems to think so too. The base Focus ST retails for $700 above the top of the line Titanium Hatch.

EDIT: People choosing the Si over the WRX are doing so for a better balance of refinement, efficiency, and projected reliability.

Last edited:

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Not to crush every ones hopes and dreams but I've seen a lot of speculation on there being a 2016 si and sense I'm at my dealership right now I decides to ask about a new si while I was looking at the 2016 civic touring and the guy at the dealership informed me there was not going to be another si, that its being fully replaced by the type r. Which would make sense, why would you give people two performance options when ones probably going to be 20 grand more then the other
Could you maybe find me a link? Would love to read about it, I can't find anything on it except for speculation lol nothing official
That sales guy should be fired. Either he's completely clueless about his company and products or he's flat out lying. :bat:

Show him this: http://www.civicx.com/threads/2016-civic-concept-debut-type-r-to-join-us-model-lineup.1/

It's the press release Honda posted when they introduced the 10th gen with the Coupe Concept model. Says right there in the first paragraph that an Si model is coming.

Please let us know what his reaction is....

Grambles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Civic Si
There will be 100% a Civic Si.

There will be 100% a Civic Type R.

Any speculation otherwise is absurd. People are forgetting the original concept release where Mendel makes mention of all of these high points. To go back on their word would be bad business. Not something Honda usually does. They believe in customer trust.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
There will be 100% a Civic Si.

There will be 100% a Civic Type R.

Any speculation otherwise is absurd. People are forgetting the original concept release where Mendel makes mention of all of these high points. To go back on their word would be bad business. Not something Honda usually does. They believe in customer trust.
Agreed. Dealers are not nearly as 'in-the-know' as we are on these things. They get misinformation all the time I'm afraid, or they just don't care nearly as much as we do. You figure most enthusiasts don't have the money to be buying new cars. For every 100 cars these guys sell, maybe 2 or 3 are to enthusiasts or people like us. The dealer may be right that there won't be an Si.... in 2016. Or at least not in first quarter 2016. He could easily be seeing the current lineup which has no Si in it and concluding that there will never be an Si...but somehow there will be a TypeR.

In any case, I don't think there's any speculation left as to whether or not we get an Si or Type R - The only things left to speculate are what body styles will they be available in, what engines, suspensions, etc.
Time to start a new "what we don't know" thread!!!

Grambles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Civic Si
Agreed. Dealers are not nearly as 'in-the-know' as we are on these things. They get misinformation all the time I'm afraid, or they just don't care nearly as much as we do. You figure most enthusiasts don't have the money to be buying new cars. For every 100 cars these guys sell, maybe 2 or 3 are to enthusiasts or people like us. The dealer may be right that there won't be an Si.... in 2016. Or at least not in first quarter 2016. He could easily be seeing the current lineup which has no Si in it and concluding that there will never be an Si...but somehow there will be a TypeR.

In any case, I don't think there's any speculation left as to whether or not we get an Si or Type R - The only things left to speculate are what body styles will they be available in, what engines, suspensions, etc.
Fair point. Not a bad assumption that dealers are basing those statements on a technicality. From my understanding though, they have not been informed anything yet for either model.

All they know so far is the Coupe release in March.

I will put money that the Si will be 2 and 4 dr. And the Type R will be 5dr only

MCG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda

You are pretty much spot on. Dealers get ZERO info from Honda beforehand. I have sold Honda for the last 5 years and go to the internet/forums for info. Unless you know your salesman and trust him don't believe any info you can't find online because they are just guessing. Dealers/consumers literally find everything out at the same time.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Not to just spread rumors, but on TempleofVTEC someone is claiming the Si will have closer to 270hp. Also mid-late summer is not impossible.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I certainly wouldn't rule it out, based on the upcoming launches of the Gen 2 Focus ST and MKVIII GTI. Both targeting 260-300; both limiting output in the lower gears.

And it would likely catapult the upcoming CTR into the 330+ range.

All-Knowing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX
Country flag
Not to just spread rumors, but on TempleofVTEC someone is claiming the Si will have closer to 270hp. Also mid-late summer is not impossible.
Don't get your hopes up. I'm guessing the 1.5T with the 6 speed M/T and 205 horsepower... I'd buy the Type R

Vtak Groceries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Civic Si HFP, 2017 Golf R
270hp Si? Oh man I wish. I am still like 75% it will be a 2.0T ~220hp and 25% it will be a 1.5T ~210HP

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Honda has been hinting at the 2.0T for a while. Production begins in Anna in about 6 weeks, supposedly.

10GCivicSi_Vs_5GPrelude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Honda Prelude
Honda has been hinting at the 2.0T for a while. Production begins in Anna in about 6 weeks, supposedly.
If the other thread saying that the Si will not be on dealer lots in 2016 is correct, and the forum Administrator sounds quite sure of it, then where would 2.0T engines being produced starting Mar 2016 be headed? ..surely they wouldn't start producing an engine a year ahead of when the car will hit dealer lots?

....perhaps despite us all putting on our lawyer hats to decipher the quote from the Honda exec who made the statement about 2.0T engine production start, our conclusion (those of us who thought that) that he meant Mar 2016 (vs. Mar 2017) was incorrect?

Phosky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Civic DX
Country flag
270hp Si? Oh man I wish. I am still like 75% it will be a 2.0T ~220hp and 25% it will be a 1.5T ~210HP
Honda's last 2.0L non-turbo engine put out 237hp in the S2000. I suspect that for a turbocharged engine we'll see an output figure for the Si closer to 270 than 220, which would be more in line with the competition.
Sponsored