Rubbing? Or something Else? How to Figure it out?

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
So I noticed on the track last weekend when hard braking I was getting rhythmic sounds. An instructor in the car with me wasn't worried and said it sounded like a lose wheel liner rubbing.

I checked and none of the liners seemed loose to me, but I'm not confident I know what to look for. Then, driving on the street I hear a similar sound again when hitting dips. Sounded like rubbing to me.

So, how can I check if it's rubbing? I'm also concerned it may be the shocks. Tomorrow I will pull the car out and dive in, but what do I look for? How do I check these things?
Sponsored

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2006, Civic Sedan Sport 2019, Type R 2021
Country flag
try to push on the brake shield and nudge it a bit to see if any debris or rocks falls out. it could be stuck there, happened to me 3 times since i owned the car, nasty sound though.

I recently been hearing loose rattle sound on unsmooth roads, more apparent at lower speed in 1st or second gear. it's been bothering me a lot. have appointment on the 9th to lift the car to check tie rods, ball joints, sway bar links and whatnot just to be sure. It could very well be loose heat shield or plastic undercarriage cover.

OP
OP
MadMage

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Just realized I had not responded. Took it to the dealer and they found tat the splash shield underneath was bent. Probably from an off-track event *G*. They bent it back and it's doing fine now.
Sponsored