NarsBaller

First Name
Japs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
I am currently running 18x9.5 +45 TE37SL wrapped in 265/35/18 Michelin PS4 and lowered on Eibach Pro Kit. I am having some rubbing issues (on dips) at the rear. I know that we cannot roll the rear fender as it is plastic. Any recommendation to fix the issue?
Thanks!
Sponsored

ehernandez

First Name
Estevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-T Cosmic Blue Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The top of the wheel toes in when you lower. I have the Eibach Pro Kit, but the stock 17s (215/40/17) and I haven't had any problems. I think I would have made up for the rim size and tire height difference with some of the dips I have hit on the highways lately.

My theory is that your tires are too wide. You could go with a shorter tire if you want to keep the width, but it probably isn't worth it.

As for a solution with your current setup... Where is it rubbing? Is there rubber on the inside of the fender? You may be able to modify the liner if it is only rubbing there. The sedan rear fenders feel like they are metal, so If I have this issue I may be able to roll with it (I'll see myself out)

OP
OP
NarsBaller

NarsBaller

First Name
Japs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
The top of the wheel toes in when you lower. I have the Eibach Pro Kit, but the stock 17s (215/40/17) and I haven't had any problems. I think I would have made up for the rim size and tire height difference with some of the dips I have hit on the highways lately.

My theory is that your tires are too wide. You could go with a shorter tire if you want to keep the width, but it probably isn't worth it.

As for a solution with your current setup... Where is it rubbing? Is there rubber on the inside of the fender? You may be able to modify the liner if it is only rubbing there. The sedan rear fenders feel like they are metal, so If I have this issue I may be able to roll with it (I'll see myself out)
This is where it is rubbing.

Honda Civic 10th gen Rubbing Issue 2EF7D303-0CA5-46C0-945B-AAF89914BE0D

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag

Uhm, OPs car is a Type R hatch not a regular civic sedan.

ehernandez

First Name
Estevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Uhm, OPs car is a Type R hatch not a regular civic sedan.
He is still 20mm wider than stock tires for Type R. Less than an inch so I would hope with the toe-in he wouldn't reach the actual fender.

I mentioned my car because if I go wider and have that problem I can roll it.

regardless, all ideas are helpful when troublehsooting. *Jim Shrug*

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
He is still 20mm wider than stock tires for Type R. Less than an inch so I would hope with the toe-in he wouldn't reach the actual fender.

I mentioned my car because if I go wider and have that problem I can roll it.

regardless, all ideas are helpful when troublehsooting. *Jim Shrug*
Lol! I know a couple of Type R owners who run 265/35/18 spec tires. Even a few tried using 275/35/18.

Lastly, his rims are 9.5 inch wide, so a 265 will be the proper tire for that without too much stretch on the sidewall.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Camber?

ehernandez

First Name
Estevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol! I know a couple of Type R owners who run 265/35/18 spec tires. Even a few tried using 275/35/18.

Lastly, his rims are 9.5 inch wide, so a 265 will be the proper tire for that without too much stretch on the sidewall.
:thumbsup:
Sponsored