Bwandan
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rallye Red Type R
Country flag
Need some input on the RSR Super Downs springs for Type Rs. Can’t really find anyone that has them. Want to get some input on it and their experience with them. How’s ride and fitments with 18x9.5 wheels(with 265/35 profile tires). Please post pics if you have any as well.

Appreciate it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jeremk

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I have RSR springs. Very satisfied. Ride quality is ace. I am on 19 x 9.5 x 37 wheels and fitment no issue. The drop is a bit milder than other lowering springs from what I read. Especially the front. You can also get super downs if you want more drop. Good price on RHDJapan right now.

Jehuty

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Sorry for just now coming across this, I've been running super downs since this January and I've been enjoying them with daily driving and spirited runs when it's nice here. Currently running TE37SL 18 x 9.5 +38 with 265/35/18 Yokohama Advan Apex v601s. I bent in the front fender tabs along with cutting the plastic rear overfenders but hitting decent sized dips in the road could cause the back to rub lightly against the inner metal fender. I'm also currently sitting at around -4° camber in the front and -3.1° in the rear.
Honda Civic 10th gen RSR Springs? IMG_20200713_165052_363

Frantic_FK8

First Name
Antoine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, 240sx
Country flag
I have RSR springs. Very satisfied. Ride quality is ace. I am on 19 x 9.5 x 37 wheels and fitment no issue. The drop is a bit milder than other lowering springs from what I read. Especially the front. You can also get super downs if you want more drop. Good price on RHDJapan right now.
Did you have any pictures of how your car sits? I have these springs but haven’t installed them yet.

GreyTypeR

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 PMM Type R
Country flag
Sorry for just now coming across this, I've been running super downs since this January and I've been enjoying them with daily driving and spirited runs when it's nice here. Currently running TE37SL 18 x 9.5 +38 with 265/35/18 Yokohama Advan Apex v601s. I bent in the front fender tabs along with cutting the plastic rear overfenders but hitting decent sized dips in the road could cause the back to rub lightly against the inner metal fender. I'm also currently sitting at around -4° camber in the front and -3.1° in the rear.
IMG_20200713_165052_363.jpg

With the RSR Super downs and 18x8 with 245/40/18 think I will have rubbing issues or have to modify/trim inner fenders ? Cheers!

GreyTypeR

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 PMM Type R
Country flag
Should be fine. What offset?

The are +35

I saw videos on being able to get negative camber on front with removing that piece on top hat and sliding strut back for more camber which I will do. Just curious if I will also need camber arms for rear or running a 245 tire will help :dunno: Haven't seen many with RSR Super downs

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The are +35

I saw videos on being able to get negative camber on front with removing that piece on top hat and sliding strut back for more camber which I will do. Just curious if I will also need camber arms for rear or running a 245 tire will help :dunno: Haven't seen many with RSR Super downs
You'll be fine since you're only running a 8 inch wide wheel and 245 tires

GreyTypeR

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 PMM Type R
Country flag
You'll be fine since you're only running a 8 inch wide wheel and 245 tires
Thanks! Appreciate it, switching to 18's and lowering as soon as 2021 CTR order is filled in the spring! Will get different wheel setup eventually but got these for $500 for set and couldn't pass even though they are only 18x8

Honda Civic 10th gen RSR Springs? Ima

fk8ski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' CBP FK8
Country flag
IMG_20200713_165052_363.jpg
Hey, i know this thread is old af but I figured Id revive it since i cant find anyone else's opinion on the ride quality of the super down sus springs in specific, and people would benefit a lot more from it being on the public forum rather than PMing u. I know these come with new bump stops and another rubber ring so i was wondering if you even swapped them out or if you just cut the stock bumstops. Or maybe you didnt mess w the bump stops at all? Hows your ride quality with what you did?

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
I was planning on getting the down and not the super down, but after talking to a lot of guys in car meets, majority say "just leave the car alone" enjoy the comfortability of the car. I would do it though if I was planning on doing some track days but for now, not yet.

JohnInATL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP FK8
Country flag
I was planning on getting the down and not the super down, but after talking to a lot of guys in car meets, majority say "just leave the car alone" enjoy the comfortability of the car. I would do it though if I was planning on doing some track days but for now, not yet.
My 18” setup with 40 sidewalls and lowering springs rides pretty similarly to stock suspension with the 20s in terms of comfort. If I had better roads I doubt I’d even notice that I’m lowered.

un1coRn

IG: @sgp_fk8r
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP FK8 R-34844
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bump. Looking to get out of the Swift setup, but don't want to lose the ride height. How many of ya'll running the RS-R Super Downs? How's the ride quality. Drop looks legit

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic type r
Country flag
I’m currently running these springs I have a 18x9.5 38+ and thinking about 245/35 will I rub I’m fine with to the front side tab tuck
Sponsored