IaAsk

First Name
Bengt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus hb
Country flag
As you may noticed there is a brumming noise on rough roads. Its a cavity noise from the tires thats is a very common sound in newer cars. I just want to know if anyone that has lowering springs mounted noticed that the sound disapered?
I dont have lowering spring but i had a tsx ones with exact same sound that disapperd completely when i got lowering springs on.
Sponsored

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No such luck here.

OP
OP
IaAsk

IaAsk

First Name
Bengt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus hb
Country flag
Model and tires please?
Well its a civic x forum. Tires dont really matter much. Its there more o less..but civic fk7..nokian tyres same sound with michelin primacy 4 ..same sound with winter tires but less

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
Well its a civic x forum. Tires dont really matter much. Its there more o less..but civic fk7..nokian tyres same sound with michelin primacy 4 ..same sound with winter tires but less
"Well it's a civic forum" does not give any clue as to what tire you have, as each civic model have 3 different tire options, and SI and CTR have different tires as well.
Point is each tire behaves differently.

OP
OP
IaAsk

IaAsk

First Name
Bengt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus hb
Country flag
"Well it's a civic forum" does not give any clue as to what tire you have, as each civic model have 3 different tire options, and SI and CTR have different tires as well.
Point is each tire behaves differently.
Yes they do but cavity noise comes from every tire unless they have extra sound isololation inside the tire and that aint common in these dimensions..i dont think honda is researching in cavity noise problem if its just to change tire. The new models has plastic resonators inside the wheel to eliminate that noise at approx 220hz..many cars has this problem more or less but civic has MORE..
Sponsored