First Name
ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex
Country flag
this is the weirdest thing.

it doesn't always happen, but sometimes the engine bay will start smelling like rotten eggs. you can smell it on the outside and then creeps its way through the vents in my car. the smell is unbearable.

again, it's very random when it happens. sometimes will happen almost immediately after a 5-minute car ride, sometimes after you've been driving for an hour, sometimes not at all.

anyone else have this problem?
Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I don't, but that is an indication of an emissions issue. No check engine light?

OP
OP
ryanwhiteirl

ryanwhiteirl

First Name
ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex
Country flag
I don't, but that is an indication of an emissions issue. No check engine light?
no check engine light.

also made sure there wasn't a dead animal up there lol

CivicGal29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EX-L
Country flag
I hate hate hate this about my car bc people like think I farted every single time. It smells whenever my car stutters/shakes hard. Like trying to start my car, it coughs a lot and shakes my seats like crazy hard. It also bucks like crazy if I try to speed up too fast. Whenever I accidentally floor it, the engine like coughs and almost stalls before it decides to go, but only when I take my foot off. My ex kept flooring it once and it died

It's literally so humiliating whenever people are in my car, especially my boyfriend of ~3mo now. I seriously haven't even tooted in front of any guy ever, so I turn red everytime I feel it hiccup even a tiny bit. He's always like yeah right, nice SBD

And the first time I drove all his friends home, my car wouldn't start the first couple times, and I was so freaked out, I was beat red when I smelled it, I instantly said my car like farts when it does this crap. Since I was bright red though, they all said they heard me do it. They just held their noses until my car started, then rolled down all the windows. Like they seriously thought I farted in the car with all them there, I told them girls don't fart?

what is this smell, should I worry about it I don't haveoney for a pricey fix. I just roll down my windows everytime before I go to start the car if someone is riding with me, then usually it's takes like a few min to stink in my car

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
It might sound stupid, but have you checked the cabin air filter? It’s possible it might have something stuck in the air vents.
Sponsored