First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Mustang Gt , 03 Lightning , 17 Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking for some cross drilled and slotted rotors for the civ. Any recommendations.
Sponsored

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
We don't carry cross-drilled and slotted, we prefer slotted only as drilled can develop hairline cracks if pushed very hard. StopTech makes high quality rotors for the Civic that we carry:

Hatch Front: https://unity-performance.com/colle...h-slotted-front-rotor-civic-non-si-non-type-r

Hatch Rear: https://unity-performance.com/colle...h-slotted-rear-rotors-civic-non-si-non-type-r

Full selection of braking components for the Hatch: https://unity-performance.com/collections/2016-honda-civic-hatch?pf_pt_product_type=Braking

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
We don't carry cross-drilled and slotted, we prefer slotted only as drilled can develop hairline cracks if pushed very hard. StopTech makes high quality rotors for the Civic that we carry:

Hatch Front: https://unity-performance.com/colle...h-slotted-front-rotor-civic-non-si-non-type-r

Hatch Rear: https://unity-performance.com/colle...h-slotted-rear-rotors-civic-non-si-non-type-r

Full selection of braking components for the Hatch: https://unity-performance.com/collections/2016-honda-civic-hatch?pf_pt_product_type=Braking
I wish I'd known about your brake selection a few months ago. I tried looking for ebc redstuff but finding the right part# for our car was impossible. Currently have yellowstuff which are very nice but EXTREME dust levels lol.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I wish I'd known about your brake selection a few months ago. I tried looking for ebc redstuff but finding the right part# for our car was impossible. Currently have yellowstuff which are very nice but EXTREME dust levels lol.
Believe me it wasn't easy sorting through part numbers, doing research online, our own past purchases, and more to make sure that our assortment is actually accurate not just manufacturer/distributor provided that could be wrong. Took us a few weeks to curate, and we're on the hunt for more quality brake options continually!

The Yellowstuff have great street and light track performance, but yes they emit a ton of dust!+6 The Redstuff are a street performance pad, and emit very little dust. We're planning on putting EBC Yellows on our Blue Si this season front and rear, and will be ceramic coating the new incoming wheels because that's what I did to a set of Konig's in 2019, and track day brake dust just fell off with a pressure washer rinse without any wheel brush or cleaner like Sonax.

You should definitely look into ceramic coating your wheels, it's not snake oil from our experience. The brand I went with was CeramicPro :)

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
Believe me it wasn't easy sorting through part numbers, doing research online, our own past purchases, and more to make sure that our assortment is actually accurate not just manufacturer/distributor provided that could be wrong. Took us a few weeks to curate, and we're on the hunt for more quality brake options continually!

The Yellowstuff have great street and light track performance, but yes they emit a ton of dust!+6 The Redstuff are a street performance pad, and emit very little dust. We're planning on putting EBC Yellows on our Blue Si this season front and rear, and will be ceramic coating the new incoming wheels because that's what I did to a set of Konig's in 2019, and track day brake dust just fell off with a pressure washer rinse without any wheel brush or cleaner like Sonax.

You should definitely look into ceramic coating your wheels, it's not snake oil from our experience. The brand I went with was CeramicPro :)
I just looked at their website and it says you can use it on calipers and exhaust parts as well? If so I might coat the wheel, caliper, AND exhaust tips after painting my calipers white (yeah despite complaining about my dusty brake pads lol). I'd honestly given up on trying to keep my exhaust tips clean but this gives me hope. Thanks for the TIP :thumbsup:

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just looked at their website and it says you can use it on calipers and exhaust parts as well? If so I might coat the wheel, caliper, AND exhaust tips after painting my calipers white (yeah despite complaining about my dusty brake pads lol). I'd honestly given up on trying to keep my exhaust tips clean but this gives me hope. Thanks for the TIP :thumbsup:
That is correct, ceramic all the things (maybe not your rotors though)! You can even ceramic coat your shoes if you wanted; no kidding we saw a whole bunch of sneakers at our friend's detailing shop ?

OP
OP
B.E.Spilner

B.E.Spilner

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the replies, I appreciate the feedback

OP
OP
B.E.Spilner

B.E.Spilner

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I dunno how other feel about em but I had the PowerStop extreme kit on all four corners of my F150 and I loved them.

The make a few kits for our cars and I plan on picking up a kit when I need brakes.

Thanks, I have those on my Mustang , I'll check'um out for the Civ.

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag

I've parallel satisfaction using ceramic since '09. I am using Kamikaze brand, heat resistant Wheel Coat on wheels and exhaust. I have Yellow Stuff pads and pressure wash car regularly. Although pre rinse pressure wash can remove quite a bit of surface contamination, I also agitate wash to ensure stubborn road film are gone using Brake Buster. Following pressure wash, MasterBlaster blow dry and simply walk away for an enjoyable no touch car care experience.

OP
OP
B.E.Spilner

B.E.Spilner

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you need a scan tool to do the rear? Because of the electronic break?
Sponsored