James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
The theory is, the more time one spends driving on roads the increased likelihood of one getting into an accident. Now, speed does correlate with a higher degree of damage, however, vehicles these days are tremendously safer than when speed limits were researched and set.

Also, speeding itself is a victimless crime. Which the justice system recognizes tax dollars are better spent elsewhere than on purchasing, installing and maintaining speed cameras. In addition to the cost and time of tying up the courts with speeding camera tickets (where most are dismissed anyways) is a waste or tax payer dollars.
You have definitely maxed out that one side of the coin, but the videos which you reference do also portray the other side of the coin. They show that light cameras do work and speed limits as well.

Have you ever taken defensive driving? Have you been in a serious accident? I have done both. Every 10mph faster results in dramatically longer stopping distances. It's exponential. Also, fuel economy suffers as speeds go beyond 60 mph. We used to actually worry about running out of crude oil but there was a real turnaround during the time of our Iraq invasion and after fracking started to roll back CAFE standards and keep oil prices unnaturally low. The SUV craze also swelled fleet vehicle weights instead of bringing it down around 3100 lbs which is what midsize sedans weigh now.

Essentially Texas is an outlier in many ways. They are going in the direction of even more lax gun laws and as you pointed out or your videos did, the camera ticket machines were forbidden by Abbott even though they help out some. Honestly the speed cameras are best because they can be mobile and mounted in a van that is at different places so people do not find them in the same place. People have a nasty habit of finding ways to break laws in this country but that does not mean it is right. Rebellion has its place where it will do good but people are often rebellious where it serves little no purpose and is both lethal and dangerous or harmful.
Sponsored

OP
OP
USNengineman

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
Got another question and I’m kind of sad to ask this… this is my first time doing brakes really and I got the stop tech slotted fronts.
sooo uhhh, which way do the slots go?? Lolol. This is the front left, is this right??

Honda Civic 10th gen Rotor removal not going as planned image

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Got another question and I’m kind of sad to ask this… this is my first time doing brakes really and I got the stop tech slotted fronts.
sooo uhhh, which way do the slots go?? Lolol. This is the front left, is this right??

image.jpg

OP
OP
USNengineman

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
The video I saw was by stop tech so I’m gonna go with that one. Thanks though man!! Appreciate ya!!
Doing breaks and a fp while it’s 115 outside is noooo fun!!!???

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
The video I saw was by stop tech so I’m gonna go with that one. Thanks though man!! Appreciate ya!!
Doing breaks and a fp while it’s 115 outside is noooo fun!!!???
Are the vanes in the rotors straight or curved? If curved,
Honda Civic 10th gen Rotor removal not going as planned 1626096143952

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
This is what my automotive chassis systems book by Halderman and Pearson says about drilled and slotted rotors.... doesn't mention stud clips or retaining screws at all - which is surprising.

Honda Civic 10th gen Rotor removal not going as planned 20210712_145830

Honda Civic 10th gen Rotor removal not going as planned 20210712_145759

Honda Civic 10th gen Rotor removal not going as planned 20210712_145744

OP
OP
USNengineman

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
I mean they got me from Vegas to Cali fine Lolol. They stop pretty fast so I’m assuming they’re correct?…

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
I mean they got me from Vegas to Cali fine Lolol. They stop pretty fast so I’m assuming they’re correct?…
Reference the above post showing the Porsche.

It's hard to tell if your picture is the driver's or passenger's side.

If passenger's side -- correct
If driver's side -- incorrect

OP
OP
USNengineman

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
Reference the above post showing the Porsche.

It's hard to tell if your picture is the driver's or passenger's side.

If passenger's side -- correct
If driver's side -- incorrect
ok good! i switched it after this picture!!!

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just broke my bit in the head, perfect example. Get a sharp punch and hammer and make a hole in the head pictured. Then beat on it to the left and it will eventually rotate.

Honda Civic 10th gen Rotor removal not going as planned D62FE803-149D-4413-922E-31DC259A8B43

Honda Civic 10th gen Rotor removal not going as planned 19569FA8-1250-4361-89F8-5DCAA7472D6F

Honda Civic 10th gen Rotor removal not going as planned 0FBA1211-561C-4A13-89C3-8248C2BE6ED1