Rooted Stock headunit- What's your setup (apps)

Venom93corba

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
What are the apps to stay away from? After skimming it looks like anything related to Google Play is a no no.
Sponsored

boinam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Touring Hatch
Country flag
I must be missing something here. 2018 Civic, performed the web based hack, but am having issues installing some apps. V4A has the install button grayed out and when trying to install SuperSU/Busybox, it's saying I'm not rooted properly?

Turboroe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 1.5L 2018
Country flag
Worth it man. I've killed so much time waiting in my car with it. :headbang:
That is so cool, but please tel uss what controller you used. WIll a cheap ebay controller work? I tried some playstation style USB controllers and no joy...

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Merlanit0

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I've been trying to install Viper4Android on the Head unit. I have Honda hack pro but when I try to install it through the Honda hack installer, it doesn't let me tap install the APK (apparently I gotta have some root privileges). So It looks like I still haven't enabled root permissions yet. Is there a way to get root permissions? if so, What apps do I need to get them and how could get Viper4Android to work. Thank you

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Accord LX (wife's)
Country flag
So I've been trying to install Viper4Android on the Head unit. I have Honda hack pro but when I try to install it through the Honda hack installer, it doesn't let me tap install the APK (apparently I gotta have some root privileges). So It looks like I still haven't enabled root permissions yet. Is there a way to get root permissions? if so, What apps do I need to get them and how could get Viper4Android to work. Thank you
I installed SuperSU and BusyBox first, and then my Viper4Android installed fine.

boinam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Touring Hatch
Country flag
I installed SuperSU and BusyBox first, and then my Viper4Android installed fine.
How did you get those two installed? When I try, HU says it's not rooted properly. Is a specific version of those apps needed?

Merlanit0

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same for me. it doesn't let me install them using Honda hack pro. it says that i need some kinda root privilege

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Same for me. it doesn't let me install them using Honda hack pro. it says that i need some kinda root privilege
In HondaHack settings, if you go to "Install and Uninstall apps" can you install from there? Also does the "allow installation from any source" box show it's checked?

boinam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Touring Hatch
Country flag
In HondaHack settings, if you go to "Install and Uninstall apps" can you install from there? Also does the "allow installation from any source" box show it's checked?
For me, that's where I'm trying to install them from, via USB drive. They're in the list, along with other apk's on my USB but the install fails every time. Allow install from any source is checked. You installed Honda Hack via the website right?

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
For me, that's where I'm trying to install them from, via USB drive. They're in the list, along with other apk's on my USB but the install fails every time. Allow install from any source is checked. You installed Honda Hack via the website right?
Yeah, I just went to autohack.org and entered my code that way. Hmmm weird

boinam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Touring Hatch
Country flag
Yeah, I just went to autohack.org and entered my code that way. Hmmm weird
Where did you get the apk's from? I installed both apps on my phone then used an apk extractor. SuperSU v2.82, Busybox v63.

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Where did you get the apk's from? I installed both apps on my phone then used an apk extractor. SuperSU v2.82, Busybox v63.
Weird, I think that's the same files I used. I downloaded from www.apkmirror.com on my desktop PC, saved them to a USB drive, and installed onto my HU from the USB.

Turboroe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 1.5L 2018
Country flag
Anyone tried a different LAUNCHER on a Honda Hacked HU.
In particular FCC ???
I tried Nova Launcher, and it works much smoother, but i figured that the Honda launcher has to be running in background for the buttons and cameras to work. I couldn't find a way to make it run on startup neither how to keep it running persistently in the background, but if someone manages to do this, it certainly runs much faster than stock launcher.

Plus, all the stock home screen buttons can be simulated with nova launcher activities/shortcuts.
Sponsored