Rooted Stock headunit- What's your setup (apps)

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
You referring too the actual YouTube app or codeage version? I never messed around with it much but surprised this isn't an option.
the lite app that is in hondahack. i didn't think we could install the real youtube app
Sponsored

Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
the lite app that is in hondahack. i didn't think we could install the real youtube app
If you install apkpure I believe you have the option of installing the real YouTube app, or go to APK mirror and look for compatible Android version of YouTube, I think only reason he choose the lite version is because it will run faster!

Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
If you install apkpure I believe you have the option of installing the real YouTube app, or go to APK mirror and look for compatible Android version of YouTube, I think only reason he choose the lite version is because it will run faster!
So ya what you would do is download the .APK file, after downloading your screen will go sideways because it initiated installation of the app (I believe this happens in apkpure only), just click cancel then go into Honda hack and choose the second install option and your downloaded .APK file will show up.

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
So ya what you would do is download the .APK file, after downloading your screen will go sideways because it initiated installation of the app (I believe this happens in apkpure only), just click cancel then go into Honda hack and choose the second install option and your downloaded .APK file will show up.
i'd have to find an older youtube version to run on our head unit, correct?

Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag

Cscott_xGen

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
This is a very silly mod IMO.

No matter what a hacker can infiltrate but since you are driving this computer I wouldn't recommend having a open source rooted program running with how smart phone connections work.

Are there security apps for this?

Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
This is a very silly mod IMO.

No matter what a hacker can infiltrate but since you are driving this computer I wouldn't recommend having a open source rooted program running with how smart phone connections work.

Are there security apps for this?
The way I understand it is that the HU is not rooted with the wireless Honda hack, rooting cannot be done at this time as there is no access for developer mode. As far as security I wouldn't recommend installing as the HU is already taxed with what it has to do.

RetroJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T 6MT ViTuned
Country flag
Anybody try to pair a Bluetooth controller to the head unit? I'd love to do an SNES emulator for my copilot on long trips.
I tried to pair my 8bitdo bluetooth controller, but the HU doesnt see it at all. Also tried a wired usb controller and no luck so far.

Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
I tried to pair my 8bitdo bluetooth controller, but the HU doesnt see it at all. Also tried a wired usb controller and no luck so far.
If your Civic is a 2018 it will not pair any Bluetooth except a phone, this part of system has not been cracked yet

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag

htran1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
So you guys using the Waze other apps that require data, are you guys just tethering off of your phone?
Sponsored