Roof wing/spoiler. Is there a BIG difference in the roof design of the Civic Coupe and the Civic Sedan?

XtreamX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI Coupe FC3 (Energy Green Pearl)
Country flag
What up all? Does anyone know if there is a big difference between the roof of a 10th gen Honda Civic Coupe and a 10th gen Honda Civic Sedan? Purpose of my question? I own the 2017 Honda Civic Coupe Si. I have been thinking of getting a roof spoiler/wing like the one shown in the picture and at the provided URL. I've been to a ton of websites that offer this specific part. But they always say that it fits hatchbacks and sedans but not coupes. I understand that there has got to be some physical differences between the two roof styles but is it really so great that this part could not fit a coupe at all? I am toying with the idea of ordering one to see if I could make it work. I would even go so far as to use some tools to sand down/level out the bottom of the spoiler/wing to make it lay on the roof more flush with a better fitment (would put felt or something like that to pad it between the spoiler/wing and the paint if it was a little rough).

Has anyone installed one of these on their 10th gen coupe roofs? I can find other designs that fit yes, but I am wondering about this specific Type R style.
Honda Civic 10th gen Roof wing/spoiler. Is there a BIG difference in the roof design of the Civic Coupe and the Civic Sedan? Roof Spoiler-Wing.JPG
https://motorgenic.com/type-r-style...CULah-VwPmeSuggMlmj7XixGtQjLegJhoCb1oQAvD_BwE
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
XtreamX

XtreamX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Is there no one who has run across this info?

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
I'd go to a dealership and look at them.

OP
OP
XtreamX

XtreamX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'd go to a dealership and look at them.
Good thought. But I don't know how I would accurately measure slope/grade of the coupe versus sedan/hatch. I've seen the sedan and coupe side by side before and while some parts are different I don't know if the slope of the roof is substantial. I was hoping to find someone who had tried installing the Type R style roof wing/spoiler and could attest to the fitment. hmmm

Last edited:

sainteshayan

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T
Country flag
Good thought. But I don't know how I would accurately measure slope/grade of the coupe versus sedan/hatch. I've seen the sedan and coupe side by side before and while some parts are different I don't know if the slope of the roof is substantial. I was hoping to find someone who had tried installing the Type R style roof wing/spoiler and could attest to the fitment. hmmm
any update?

OP
OP
XtreamX

XtreamX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Unfortunately no. I have combed through dozens of forums and no one knows precise details. You would think that this would be a popular upgrade option for these coupes but apparently no one/hardly anyone has actually done this. The only way we'll probably find out is if we do it ourselves. :-/ If I decide to to jut give it a go for fun I'll update. If I find out anything, I'll make sure to update as well. G'luck!

Last edited:

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Straight off a Honda website, the sedan profile does not begin to slope down to the trunk as soon as the coupe does. The spoiler that you are showing in your post, would sit lower.

Would it fit? Probably.

Will it look the way it is shown in advertisement? Probably not.

The rubber channels that run the length of the roofline are most likely in the same place, for the Sedan and Coupe ... the the top edge of the rear glass is in different locations. (see attached image)

Use the "shark fin" antennae as the reference point, for the top of the rear glass.
Coupe "fin" is ahead of the rear tire.
Sedan "fin" is over the rear tire.

Honda Civic 10th gen Roof wing/spoiler. Is there a BIG difference in the roof design of the Civic Coupe and the Civic Sedan? sedan vs coupe profile.JPG

ThatOneXgen

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si 1.5L
Country flag
I decided since nobody tried it that I'd be the guinea pig. So in short no the roof spoiler for the sedan simply doesn't fit the coupe. The coupes shape of the rear glass and back slope of the car is considerably different from the sedan. I'll even attach some pics ? hope this helped and saved some people the money and time.

Honda Civic 10th gen Roof wing/spoiler. Is there a BIG difference in the roof design of the Civic Coupe and the Civic Sedan? 20210721_160036

Honda Civic 10th gen Roof wing/spoiler. Is there a BIG difference in the roof design of the Civic Coupe and the Civic Sedan? 20210721_160028

Honda Civic 10th gen Roof wing/spoiler. Is there a BIG difference in the roof design of the Civic Coupe and the Civic Sedan? 20210721_160021