• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Roof rack options?

Josh2201

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra, 2020 Yamaha MT09
Anybody have the oem roof rack installed? I might add a kayak to my hobbies and am wondering about the roof rack...how quick is it to install and remove? Is it 100% safe to not scuff the paint where it mounts? Any insight would be much appreciated!

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
I'm just starting to research the roof rack and options. It appears it might be manufactured by Thule, so you might be able to save some money buying it elsewhere. Then again, going through the process of getting the right length bars and fit kits might make getting the Acura one worth the extra $$.

I will say that nothing is guaranteed not to scuff the paint. You'd need to make sure the areas where the racks contact the roof are absolutely clean. The same for the everything on the rack that contacts the car. Then...cover the contact points with some paint protection film (PPF) before mounting the rack. I used to have a roll of 4" wide PPF. I'd put it on before mounting the rack, and take it off after I was done using it.

OP
OP
Josh2201

Josh2201

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm just starting to research the roof rack and options. It appears it might be manufactured by Thule, so you might be able to save some money buying it elsewhere. Then again, going through the process of getting the right length bars and fit kits might make getting the Acura one worth the extra $$.

I will say that nothing is guaranteed not to scuff the paint. You'd need to make sure the areas where the racks contact the roof are absolutely clean. The same for the everything on the rack that contacts the car. Then...cover the contact points with some paint protection film (PPF) before mounting the rack. I used to have a roll of 4" wide PPF. I'd put it on before mounting the rack, and take it off after I was done using it.
It's on the PRL website for 319us. I'm in Canada..so a bit in shipping costs but still comes out way cheaper than ordering thru Acura. Acura Canada wants 808 cdn....which is 627 in us funds....I'd think sooner or later it will be available directly from Thule for

That's a great idea putting down some ppf!

Popesk

First Name
Mont
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Integra
Скажіть, ви самі встановлювали дах на машину?

joshbe89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra 6MT
Anybody have the oem roof rack installed? I might add a kayak to my hobbies and am wondering about the roof rack...how quick is it to install and remove? Is it 100% safe to not scuff the paint where it mounts? Any insight would be much appreciated!
Have you purchased the roof rack? Any pictures on the car?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Josh2201

Josh2201

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Have you purchased the roof rack? Any pictures on the car?
I kind of got off the idea for now with winter here and all. There's a Facebook group where I'm pretty sure I saw a couple people with the rack installed.

ofMooShu

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
I have a rack Thule Vector M installed on mine, to go snowboarding with. I mounted it using Acura's OEM rack, kinda big and ugly to be honest but they're good quality. Wind/Road noise is fairly minimal--I also blast music with the upgraded sound system so it may not be a "fair" conclusion.

Regarding "paint damage", as far as I can tell theres 0 damage left over from the rack. I recently have the whole rack setup removed, due to Borla using the car for R&D.When I removed the rack, there were at most dust "marks", which I quickly wiped down and it was back to normal. This was after having the rack on the car for a couple of months.

Here's a few photos.
IMG_2735_Original.jpg
IMG_2727_Original.jpg
IMG_2730_Original.jpg

If you need anymore let me know.

Last edited:

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
I've dealt with Thule roof racks in the past and they seem to be the standard. Obviously, ymmv.