Rolling Anti-Lag?

shagam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey all — new to the world of turbos so forgive me if this has already been explained; would a rolling anti-lag be possible to implement/technically feasible with a ktuner tune? If not, explain to me (like I’m five) why not. TIA
Sponsored

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
The feature isn't currently available for two reasons:
The factory turbo is too small to need it.
It can cause damage.

OP
OP
shagam

shagam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
It can cause damage.
So reading between the lines, it -is- possible? :)

When a big-turbo tune comes out, might we see something like this made available to those running catless setups?

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
I can see it now.....all these cars running around spitting popping sputtering, missing spark plug electrodes/shooting flaming fireballs of fury with pieces of turbine and exhaust valves bouncing out the back, to either 1) make a bunch of useless noises that we see on youtube; since the race-cars need it. OR 2) actually use it for a miss matched (way to big) turbo so that you may get 15 psi before having to shift.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I can see it now.....all these cars running around spitting popping sputtering, missing spark plug electrodes/shooting flaming fireballs of fury with pieces of turbine and exhaust valves bouncing out the back, to either 1) make a bunch of useless noises that we see on youtube; since the race-cars need it. OR 2) actually use it for a miss matched (way to big) turbo so that you may get 15 psi before having to shift.
Some of the concerns. :)

ThatDustyFox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1 Si
Country flag
It can cause damage.
Can we revisit this now that we have a fair amount of cars running around on PRL's big turbo kit, some of which are running upgraded fuel systems and built motors and transmissions and could greatly benefit from this feature?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Here's why I don't think KTuner is an any rush to include any form of rolling anti-lag (bigger turbo or not) in their base tunes...

It just tends to be something that gets overused and abused and is far from a necessity. They design their tunes and options with some safety in mind.

If folks really feel like they have to have it, I'm sure there are tuners out there that can implement it in a custom tune.

Last edited:

ThatDustyFox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1 Si
Country flag
Here's why I don't think KTuner is an any rush to include any form of rolling anti-lag (bigger turbo or not) in their base tunes...

It just tends to be something that gets overused and abused and is far from a necessity. They design their tunes and options with some safety in mind.

If folks really feel like they have to have it, I'm sure there are tuners out there that can implement it in a custom tune.
But implementing it in a custom tune would require that it be in the software anyways. I agree that it would not be wise to have this feature available to the average Joe, but for those with cars that are capable of safely utilizing a feature like this, and who are tuned by tuners who have been allowed access to the full-featured KTuner software, I believe that this should be an available option.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Just because Hondata includes it as an option doesn't mean it's safe to use regularly. If you desperately feel the need to abuse your car that way why not sell your KTuner for a Flashpro?

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
I’m going to say this. Every single stock fk8 motor that exploded used antilag. Zero have failed otherwise. There is no physical evidence of a stock motor failing even beyond 470whp.
Regardless of what the early article says.
Antilag will absolutely damage your engjne even a built one.
Brake boost its better anyway.
Sponsored