Rock chip rear bumper

Eore227

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX hatchback
Country flag
My baby got hit by several rocks when someone was mowing their grass. Not sure why it came over to our yard but here we are. What’s the best thing you guys suggest for this? I went ahead and ordered chip doctor and will just do that and pray for the beat. No interest in taking to body shop as it’s just a chip but still sucks.

Honda Civic 10th gen Rock chip rear bumper 71E2B5FF-6C9A-4CDA-8C7B-337F09A02099

Honda Civic 10th gen Rock chip rear bumper C6666503-3163-421E-863D-99AFA774FCD5

S2kx8

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic EX, 2001, 2005, 2008 S2000's, 2020 Si
Country flag
Do a web search for a mobile bumper repair guy. Depending on where you live you may find several who come to you, thats all they do is touch up work on plastic bumpers. My friends metallic grey Acura TL got backed into in a parking lot and this guy came to his house and refinished after repair, looked amazing couldn't even tell the car had been damaged and the paint was a perfect match. cost was $200.00

OP
OP

Eore227

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX hatchback
Country flag
yup, none near me[

QUOTE="S2kx8, post: 1175217, member: 39447"]
Do a web search for a mobile bumper repair guy. Depending on where you live you may find several who come to you, thats all they do is touch up work on plastic bumpers. My friends metallic grey Acura TL got backed into in a parking lot and this guy came to his house and refinished after repair, looked amazing couldn't even tell the car had been damaged and the paint was a perfect match. cost was $200.00
[/QUOTE]

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I can relate man! My car from about 10-15ft looks stellar. Once you get up close. Sandblasted! Shot-gunned! Part of owning a daily driver. I had to recognize this BS notion a while ago. I'm kinda OCD with my car. Esp since it's still so "new". So I have a hard time unseeing things once I do see it.

I do plan on doing a full chip/dent/scratch repair in the future once I feel that I'm "done" working on my car and I go into maintaining mode. RIght now, I can't keep up with it. I touch up 1 chip and 3 more appear later that day. So now I pick my battles with only major ones. I leave all the pin size ones alone for now.

I used to know a guy years ago who did mobile painting and repair. He was awesome. He worked behind the Honda dealership few days a week. I'd bring Honda Prelude in to get an oil change, and then he'd repair my bumper or whatever I needed repainted or repaired. He repainted the whole front bumper one time because it got so bad looking. He'd sanded it down. Primed it and filled in any pits or damage and then painted it and clearcoated. Only take him a few hours. Guy was a wizard and his work always came out great and durable. I don't think he's around anymore. I should try and find out actually. It was 15 years ago.

I know around me are a ton of body shops and I'm almost certain some mobile ones.

You could try to tackle it yourself. It's a deep one. I have a few of those from damn rocks flying up at me. All you may be able to do is rub the edge down and fill it in with paint in the meantime. Till you one day bring it in to the shop and have them repair all the issues at once.

Shady_R

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Rock chip rear bumper 20220901_110249

I feel your pain man! Same thing happened to my ctr at work, I'm sure it was caused from the guy trimming, rock flew and small dent in door. Dent was fixed for 100 cdn, but small nick in clear coat that I can see, but wife says she can't see it, bugs me though because I can see it.

OP
OP

Eore227

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX hatchback
Country flag
I can relate man! My car from about 10-15ft looks stellar. Once you get up close. Sandblasted! Shot-gunned! Part of owning a daily driver. I had to recognize this BS notion a while ago. I'm kinda OCD with my car. Esp since it's still so "new". So I have a hard time unseeing things once I do see it.

I do plan on doing a full chip/dent/scratch repair in the future once I feel that I'm "done" working on my car and I go into maintaining mode. RIght now, I can't keep up with it. I touch up 1 chip and 3 more appear later that day. So now I pick my battles with only major ones. I leave all the pin size ones alone for now.

I used to know a guy years ago who did mobile painting and repair. He was awesome. He worked behind the Honda dealership few days a week. I'd bring Honda Prelude in to get an oil change, and then he'd repair my bumper or whatever I needed repainted or repaired. He repainted the whole front bumper one time because it got so bad looking. He'd sanded it down. Primed it and filled in any pits or damage and then painted it and clearcoated. Only take him a few hours. Guy was a wizard and his work always came out great and durable. I don't think he's around anymore. I should try and find out actually. It was 15 years ago.

I know around me are a ton of body shops and I'm almost certain some mobile ones.

You could try to tackle it yourself. It's a deep one. I have a few of those from damn rocks flying up at me. All you may be able to do is rub the edge down and fill it in with paint in the meantime. Till you one day bring it in to the shop and have them repair all the issues at once.
yeah, I’m just going to dr colorchip it see how it goes. Afraid to even rub down the edge but we’ll see.

OP
OP

Eore227

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX hatchback
Country flag
looks good, don’t see it but yup I know what you mean when you know where it is and it’s like always showing up when you just even glance a little. still, looks good.

20220901_110249.jpg

I feel your pain man! Same thing happened to my ctr at work, I'm sure it was caused from the guy trimming, rock flew and small dent in door. Dent was fixed for 100 cdn, but small nick in clear coat that I can see, but wife says she can't see it, bugs me though because I can see it.

Shady_R

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag
looks good, don’t see it but yup I know what you mean when you know where it is and it’s like always showing up when you just even glance a little. still, looks good.
Thanks, the pic I posted actually was a before pic. After the fix, the camera wouldn't even pick up the clear coat blemish lol.

OP
OP

Eore227

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX hatchback
Country flag
Thanks, the pic I posted actually was a before pic. After the fix, the camera wouldn't even pick up the clear coat blemish lol.
oh haha
Sponsored