Road surface or tire noise.

BLACK.Civic.EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
my car makes a lot of noise at 59-60. exactly at those precise speeds. it gets annoying. I'm not sure whether if it's the tires or something else. it's about to hit 30k miles. Should I take it to the dealer to have it checked out??
Sponsored

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
my car makes a lot of noise at 59-60. exactly at those precise speeds. it gets annoying. I'm not sure whether if it's the tires or something else. it's about to hit 30k miles. Should I take it to the dealer to have it checked out??
YES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Si
I had bad road noise too and I told my tire shop about it and recommended me the Goodyear ones and its soooo much quieter

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Is the noise a new occurrence or has it been going on for a while, on same roads? New - have dealer check. Old - possibly the tires; as they wear some brands become quite noisy.

Last edited:

BLACK.Civic.EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
New car, 2016. I think it just started to make it like a couple weeks ago. But i usually drive with the music on level 18 or 22 so it was kind of hard to hear the noise then. but i started to notice it when i had the volume down. Its not the road, cause the noise comes on any road when going 59-60. once I'm doing 70 it goes away. or just above 63.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
New car, 2016. I think it just started to make it like a couple weeks ago. But i usually drive with the music on level 18 or 22 so it was kind of hard to hear the noise then. but i started to notice it when i had the volume down. Its not the road, cause the noise comes on any road when going 59-60. once I'm doing 70 it goes away. or just above 63.
Huh, that's odd that it's that specific, but I guess with harmonics or the tire tread this could happen. These Firestones are straight sheeeeeeeeeeeeet

RDMerBC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I'm getting my tires swapped out for Michelin Premier A/S tires tomorrow, looking forward to be rid of these Firestones!
Do you mind me asking where you got the tires, how much you paid, and how you like them?

I'm in Vancouver as well, and thinking about these Michelin Premier A/S's or Goodyear's Assurance TripleTreads -- both brands are great in the rain and we do have a lot of the stuff over the winter.

Many thanks.

BGFalcone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
What did the dealer say about the problems you had?

cestjoel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
The Civic is noisy AF! And the 18" wheels with Conti Pro tires doest help. The AC also makes alot of noise.

Initially, I was frustrated with it. But, then i remembered that it is an economic car afterall. My previous cars were Audi and Lexus; i was trying to compare the two. lol

darkness975

dream reaper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Country flag
Mine has stock Firestones (for now). Doesn't seem excessively loud. We'll see what happens in winter as it gets colder and the car sits outside (sucks not having a garage).

I'll eventually get Continentals once the mileage starts to build up.

Prelude2CivicX

First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T 6 Speed M/T, 2018 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Accord Sport, 1997 Lexus SC300
Country flag
I noticed the exact same road noise issue/tire noise since I first purchased my Civic. I did also noticed how rough the roads feel but I guess thats due to the 17" wheels from the factory. My 2017 Civic EX-T came with Firestone FT140's and I must say they're rough. Anyone have any updates since swapping these OEM tires out?

kasian

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
I don't intend to dig and bring up old posts, but I just want to post about tire noise and this post shows up...

So I got a new 2018 Civic Hatchback EX (17" wheel) recently, coming with Continental tires from OEM. Overall the cabin noise is very amazing below 40~45mph, but then the noise gets obviously higher at 50+mph on rougher part of highway. (I can hear big difference on a very new and smooth highway surface vs rough surface, and so I suppose it is not engine noise.)

But someone in this post commented that Continental tires are quite. I do search on other website it is a bit different - Firestone is the worse in terms of noise and durability, Continental is noisy but last long, while Michelin is the best in both noise level and durability.

Do anyone have similar noise issue? Is Michelin really a lot more quite? I may consider get it changed even the tires are new as I drive a lot my small kid.

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
My Michelin X-Ice (Winter tires) are much quieter than the factory Firestone FT140's that I still have for summer. I have 33k miles on the FT140's and plan on replacing them this spring/summer with Michelin Premier A/S or Defenders. I had Defenders on my last Civic and they were really good. They are expensive but go at least 70K miles
Sponsored