vctwhitepearl

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda SI Coupe
Country flag
On stock tire pressures, I've been running 32 psi front/ back and they run relatively quiet. Concrete tends to be louder than asphalt. Brought the civic in for routine maintenance and they did the usual rotate tires. Driving it the next day, the tire pressure indicator came up. Stopping to check the pressure, the Honda tech put 41 in the front and 35 in the back and I have no idea why. I'm at 50K so maybe he's trying to increase the life of the tires? Anyway, I put them back to 32 psi.
Sponsored

Last edited:

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
No your not crazy. These cars have no soundproofing below the car. I went from from a 97 civic to one of these and it was so loud I made a post about getting soundproofing installed. These cars are terrible about soundproofing.

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
It gets worse with mileage, much worse. I am at 30k miles and my car is louder than my duramax silverado. I went through the same mess with my 07, excessive rear camber was chewing up the tires.....cupping them and making noise. They had a recall on the rear control arms to correct this. It didn't. I bought an aftermarket camber kit to correct this, and it helped but did not solve the issue. 10th gen seems a little better, but still unacceptable IMO. At 40k I had to replace tires on the old car (like every year), at 30k the new car is just a huge annoyance, nothing that needs replaced so far. The old car did it regardless of tire make or quality. I finally went with a garbage, cheap tire since I conceded I was going to have to replace them annually...a chinese made Sumic. Guess what? Outlased two sets of goodyear triple treads and the original bridgestones that came on it. The second set of sumics I put on it had like 60k an while noisy, were still rolling strong when I sold it.
Yeah. Chinese knockoffs are way better than Any quality tire. I only put cheap tires on my car and they last forever.
Sponsored