IaAsk

First Name
Bengt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus hb
Country flag
Is there someone o solved the roadnoise problem. Not the tire sound. The sound thats like blowing from the side of a bottle that coming from the front. This is a very common problem on very many cars. Some People cant hear it but i can and this fuc.. the civic up. I think it is vibration from the front suspension. Harder tires more sound rough asfahlt more sound. Great asfahlt no sound at all..i had the exact same problem in an europén accord type s 07. The sound dissaperd when i lowered it with eibach springs..very strange.
Sponsored

wilbur_the_goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring, '14 BMW 328i Sport Line
Country flag
No such sound here with my '16 Touring Coupe. I had tire noise, but that ended when I replaced the OEM tires.

Lola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I’m not experiencing any unusual road noise. I’ll have to try and find some of that asfahlt you referred to though and see if that makes any difference.

djasonw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Toyota iM
Country flag
No significant road noise except from poor tires. Can anyone suggest the best quiet tire for this car?

OP
OP
IaAsk

IaAsk

First Name
Bengt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus hb
Country flag
in eu we have michelin primecy 3. Very good tire..the tire noise isnt the big problem..but with a harder tire the vibration noise gets higher..i drove my car with very soft winter tire and the sound was much lower present..at first you dont bother but after a while the only thing you hear is that sound..it drive me crazy. I had a acura tsx 2009 and i sure miss that quite car..i work at hyundai and the i30 has the same sound but worse.

Schmullis

First Name
Schmullis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I put Michelin Premier A/S on my 2017 Touring sedan when new and put away the Firestones that came on it, to be put back on at the end of the 3 year lease. My logic - I might as well drive on great tires over the life of the lease and put the OEM "new" tires back on when I turn the car back in to Honda.

These tires are excellent. Very quiet and comfortable, unbelievable in rain and excellent on dry roads. A little pricy, but worth it in my book. Here's a link:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...017&autoModel=Civic Sedan&autoModClar=Touring

djasonw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Toyota iM
Country flag
I put Michelin Premier A/S on my 2017 Touring sedan when new and put away the Firestones that came on it, to be put back on at the end of the 3 year lease. My logic - I might as well drive on great tires over the life of the lease and put the OEM "new" tires back on when I turn the car back in to Honda.

These tires are excellent. Very quiet and comfortable, unbelievable in rain and excellent on dry roads. A little pricy, but worth it in my book. Here's a link:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Premier+A/S&partnum=15HR7PREAS&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Honda&autoYear=2017&autoModel=Civic Sedan&autoModClar=Touring
I agree. I once had these on a Prius (if you can imagine!). Pricey, but well worth it.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
No significant road noise except from poor tires. Can anyone suggest the best quiet tire for this car?
I got Goodyear Eagle Sports and they seem much quieter also a much better performance tire, speed rating "V". The OEM tires were "H". Tread width is an inch wider than the OEM's. Paid 600. Hated the Firestone 140's.

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I got Goodyear Eagle Sports and they seem much quieter also a much better performance tire, speed rating "V". The OEM tires were "H". Tread width is an inch wider than the OEM's. Paid 600. Hated the Firestone 140's.
Those are the A/S Tires the Si’s ship with.

solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6MT
Country flag
It does sound like a tire issue.

The only way to really know what the noise issue is put another set of wheels/tires on it. I know this isn’t the easiest thing to do, but it is really the easiest thing to try first. Rule out the tires (maybe) and check that off your list, then go from there, maybe a friend has the same wheel size you can swap for a couple hours ?

Robotaz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
I put Michelin Premier A/S on my 2017 Touring sedan

These tires are excellent. Very quiet and comfortable, unbelievable in rain and excellent on dry roads. A little pricy, but worth it in my book.
I agree 100%. That would be my choice.

BMO

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX Sedan
Even my winter tires on a warm spring day is quieter than the OEM tires. Definitely a tire noise issue for this car.
Sponsored