First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
  • Banned
Hi has anyone installed an aftermarket RMM On Cvt? If so how bad are the vibration and what has improve?
Sponsored

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatch Sport CVT
Country flag
Hi has anyone installed an aftermarket RMM On Cvt? If so how bad are the vibration and what has improve?
Yes I have the 27Won race RMM on my CVT. Most of your trouble will come from trying to drive normally from a stop. Medium load with low rpm is a recipe for the shakiest shakes you can imagine. It will shake the mirrors so bad you can't see out of them. But if you put it in sport and give it enough gas to get the revs up above 3k, the vibration evens out. If I was you, I'd buy their new street version. It's cast so it's cheaper, the poly is softer so less vibration, and I imagine it'll be the right mix

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I’ve been looking through other threads and a lot of people recommend using the OEM RMM from either an Si or Type-R. You get some of the performance gains of an aftermarket RMM with little to no NVH. I’ll probably be going that route myself.

BlueSkys86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09' Civic EX-L, 18' Civic EX-L
Country flag
O
I’ve been looking through other threads and a lot of people recommend using the OEM RMM from either an Si or Type-R. You get some of the performance gains of an aftermarket RMM with little to no NVH. I’ll probably be going that route myself.
I just installed the SI rmm and it works great. No NVH and most of the wheel hop and instability is gone. Also recommend the SI rear sway bar. If you like taking the corners hard a strut bar comes in handy.

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
O

I just installed the SI rmm and it works great. No NVH and most of the wheel hop and instability is gone. Also recommend the SI rear sway bar. If you like taking the corners hard a strut bar comes in handy.
That’s great! Just ordered a Type-R RMM for
myself, will def look into sway bars and strut bars too.

BlueSkys86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That’s great! Just ordered a Type-R RMM for
myself, will def look into sway bars and strut bars too.
JEALOUS! I could not find the Type R mount in stock so went with the SI. Please share your impressions once installed.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought one of those type r RMM's on ebay for 50$. It's been on for a few months now. Install was cake, but I really couldn't tell much of a difference. I'll be adding the perin inserts on my next oil change.
Edit: well dang, when I bought mine there were 6-7 of them. Now I can't find any.

Last edited:

BlueSkys86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I bought one of those type r RMM's on ebay for 50$. It's been on for a few months now. Install was cake, but I really couldn't tell much of a difference. I'll be adding the perin inserts on my next oil change.
Edit: well dang, when I bought mine there were 6-7 of them. Now I can't find any.
Yep, them Type R RMM seem to have disappeared. You will likely not see a difference until you add horses like with a CAI + Intercooler + 93 octane or Increase boost by even +3 psi. Do booth and an upgraded RMM is vital.

slwkrt

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX, 2022 Honda Navi
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Running the 27Won cast RMM for now. Vibration is only really obnoxious in drive below 2000 RPM. Since breaking it in (too long ago to remember when), I drive the car in sport only. No issues with vibration.
Sponsored