Rinseless wash shampoo? Has anyone used this?

DX2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Do you basically just do the traditional soap and scrub method but just don't rinse it off? I'm not sure I understand what the point is.
Sponsored

modernwarpaint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T (CBM)
Do you basically just do the traditional soap and scrub method but just don't rinse it off? I'm not sure I understand what the point is.
I've never heard of this. I wonder what components are listed, because when I hear the term 'shampoo', it's usually indicative of a type of sulfate that helps with foaming. I'd be weary of something that foams and not rinsing it off. Interesting concept I'd have to research more. Someone suggested to me that the 2 bucket method is probably the best way to clean/wash your vehicle.

OP
OP
DX2000

DX2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None

modernwarpaint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T (CBM)
@DX2000 - ahhh okay, it looks like a wash and wax type product, and by the look of the customer photos and reviews, it seems to be a brilliant product. I sort of want to try it out now.

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I think that kinda stuff is great for people in drought prone, water restricted areas or who have a mild climate.

For those of us in the snow belt, it'd be murder on our paint. Some things can't be replaced for us. Touch ups are nice in the summer but nothing besides soap and water is gonna safely clean a salt caked car.

cbreezy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Accord -> '16 WOP Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@mno86 whats so bad about using something like this on our cars during the winter time? I thought CG-Ecoless wash RU to use during the winter time, to get rid of the salt and road sludge.

madroxinide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
@mno86 whats so bad about using something like this on our cars during the winter time? I thought CG-Ecoless wash RU to use during the winter time, to get rid of the salt and road sludge.
When my car is caked with road salt and dirt, the last thing I want to do is rub it down with a tiny bit of spray and a towel. Sounds like the perfect way to rub in the sharp salt/dirt particles and scratch the hell out of the paint.

slayerx02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FG2 , 2020 FC3
Country flag
I used ONR when I lived in apartments. It works really well as long as the vehicle isn't heavily soiled like you went off-roading. For light clean-ups, a spray bottle and a few micro fiber towels is enough, kinda like using a detailing spray, except you would spray a good amount of the water/ONR mixture to prevent swirl marks. If the car really needs a wash where you would normally use a hose and a bucket, I used one bucket filled with water ONR mix, and another bucket with just water to rinse dirt off the mitt or wash cloth as I move from section to section of the car.

burns_erin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX w/Sensing
Country flag
I used ONR when I lived in apartments. It works really well as long as the vehicle isn't heavily soiled like you went off-roading. For light clean-ups, a spray bottle and a few micro fiber towels is enough, kinda like using a detailing spray, except you would spray a good amount of the water/ONR mixture to prevent swirl marks. If the car really needs a wash where you would normally use a hose and a bucket, I used one bucket filled with water ONR mix, and another bucket with just water to rinse dirt off the mitt or wash cloth as I move from section to section of the car.
And you can dispense with the second bucket if you have enough microfiber towels, Ala the Garry Dean method.

BlueCivic

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Hatchback LX, 11 CR-Z
If you have a 1800psi power washer, get a foamer for it. I just mix a shot of car wash soap+water, spray and wash off. No scrubbing. Although, If your car is really filthy, you will have to scrub and use the 2 bucket method. To dry, I use a power leaf blower and I only use micro fibre cloths for waxing and cleaning the windows.
Sponsored