Ringing noise?

Darkmischief

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Hey everyone, new to forum here but always enjoyed popping in and reading plenty of things that the community has posted. I was looking to see if anyone may have any guidance on a ringing noise im getting in my 19 type r. My schedule has been so wack, i have had to keep rescheduling my appointment to have it diagnosed but still under warranty. I wanted to see if anyone may have dealt with a similar problem possibly? The ringing is more proment from the passenger side with the window down but it only happens when the accelerator is not engaged. It seems slightly louder between 3rd and 4th when coasting or deaccelerating. When i engage the cluth, the noise goes away. I feel like there may be an underlying issue and hope its nothing too serious. Appreciate the support if anyone might have some pointers!
Sponsored

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
I've had this same exact noise since break in. Mine only has a little over 5K miles too.

I think I read somewhere that it may be the throw out bearing? But seems like others who have had the same noise and got parts replaced at the dealer had no luck getting rid of the noise.

Personally, I'm not going to worry about it unless the car starts acting up. Curious what the dealer will tell you.

OP
OP
Darkmischief

Darkmischief

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
I've had this same exact noise since break in. Mine only has a little over 5K miles too.

I think I read somewhere that it may be the throw out bearing? But seems like others who have had the same noise and got parts replaced at the dealer had no luck getting rid of the noise.

Personally, I'm not going to worry about it unless the car starts acting up. Curious what the dealer will tell you.
Ooooo gotcha, yeah mine is currently at 27k. I will definitely let you know what they input on it. Ill mention the bearing and see what they might say. Ive also had the mind set that it doesn't seem to be getting worse, but in the same note it does get somewhat annoying driving around later in the evening. Between the Invidia I put on this and music, its generally no biggie but i figured i might as well do some digging to make sure it doesnt turn into something down the line. Interesting to hear that yours is doing it as well as others around and about. Heres to hoping the dealer may have some answers.

Methane Herder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Without a better description, my first guess is lose bolt with washer (washer vibrating between mating surface and bolt head). That kind of fastner is kinda rare on mass production cars.

MH

OP
OP
Darkmischief

Darkmischief

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Without a better description, my first guess is lose bolt with washer (washer vibrating between mating surface and bolt head). That kind of fastner is kinda rare on mass production cars.

MH
Found a video. I have another one but would have to edit the video to fit. Ringing is only happening when car is coasting and throttle isnt engaged. Even more weird that the noise disappears if you engage the clutch. I know there is some wind noise present in that upload but still somewhat audible. Weird stuff for sure. Here's hoping to finding a solution!

Attachments

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Not sure if related but first day when going through the car with a fine tooth comb, I found a bent crush washer rattling in the plastic undertray. Dealer was clueless on where it could have come from.

The QC on these cars from Swindon is pretty bad. That doesn't mean I expect it to be unreliable, just alot of issues with fit and finish. Powetrain should hold up.

Methane Herder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Ringing noise? Screenshot_20220122-215446__01__01

On an unloaded clutch these can rattle a bit.
Don't know if the Honda clutch is sprung or not. 96 Mustang GT clutches we're

MH
Sponsored