BKCivicEX

First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Does anyone have experience putting an Si wheel on an EX hatch, or moving from a 17" wheel down to a 16" wheel on the 10th gen? Or know how the Si and EX brake caliper size/clearance compares?

I'm debating purchasing 16" steel rims + winter tires off a (distant) seller who owns a 2019 Civic Si, and trying to understand if they will fit my 2020 EX Hatchback. Or if this is too risky without trying them on my vehicle to confirm brake clearance.

My wheels: OEM 17" rims with (215/50/R17) tires.

Seller Wheels: 16" steel rims with tire size (215/55/R16).

I believe the lug spacing between both models is the same (5x114.3), but I'm not sure if there is a caliper difference between the two models that would create a clearance issue with moving to a smaller wheel size. I've looked at tire size calculator and only see a slight decrease in the tire diameter (-0.8%) but just unsure about the clearance around the caliper.

Any help is most appreciated! (Long time lurker, first time poster!)
Sponsored

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They're both still stock floating piston calipers.The Si caliper is just placed more outwards (towards the wheel rim) because it has larger brakes .The EX has smaller brakes,
so you should have more clearance then before.The stock SI wheel is 18x8 ET50
And i think the steel rims are 16x7 et45.This will fit without a problem.

OP
OP

BKCivicEX

First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Thank you so much for the input Hondanick! This was really helpful. Gave me the confidence to drive up (5hrs!) and check.

Upon meeting the seller, I learned they actually had a Civic Sport NOT an Si (funny that they didn’t know), meaning the brakes (I believe) were the exact same size. The 16x6.5 rims and 215x55 tires fit perfectly. Now just ready for snow...
Sponsored