Right signal = No Bluetooth/Carplay?

jbuckner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Thanks in advance for any feedback. I've had my 2016 EX for not quite a year. And finally asking this question.

When I'm using my CarPlay for text messaging and such, if I turn on right signal, CarPlay aborts my inprogress text I'm recording. Very frustrating. And I believe if right signal is on, I can't start texting. Also frustrating.

I assume it's because Honda wants me focused on looking at the Lane Watch display on my screen. Understandable to a point--maybe--if my plan was merging to a lane on my right. But not when I'm signaling to make a right turn, and more bothersome when I'm sitting in traffic and trying to right thing by kicking my signal on for turning. Meaning I can't do what want until I'm done my turn/merge.

Any way around this? Or something I'm missing (wouldn't be first time)

Thanks.
Sponsored

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
I don't think there's a way around it. Honda wants you to pay attention to driving first, and voice texting has to take a back seat.

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Turn off the stupid Lanewatch in settings - should hopefully fix your problems. If you want to use it manually toggle the screen on vs. automatic on right signal.

Gazelle_392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes S63 Cabriolet
I have my lane watch turned off because it is really just a stupid feature, prefer a Blind Spot Monitoring system.

OP
OP

jbuckner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Pitty that I would need to turn off LaneWatch for this. If you think about it, looking at my left or right mirror to determine if safe is no less important than looking at screen just for going right.

Yet we can perform these text functions fine. It's only with the display screen.

If Honda wanted us to focus on driving, they would disable if either signal is used in any situation.

I may end off disavling Lane Watch anyway. Bot so much because of this, but because though I drive my Civic 5-6 days a week, I also drive my wife's vehicle 1-2 days a week. I end up looking at her air vents looking for a camera display that isn't there and then have to look at mirror. And the first drive or two after driving her car that I'm back in my Civic, I'm looking at the right mirror. Perhaps if I only had this Civic I would use it more.

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I have my lane watch turned off because it is really just a stupid feature, prefer a Blind Spot Monitoring system.
BSI gets it right - driving shouldn't be like playing a video game - the BSI indicators don't obviate the need to look at your mirrors, they're on the mirrors so its an enhancement, not a total distraction.

If anything, LaneWatch is a total distraction, you're taking your eyes off the road too much to really concentrate on the screen. Its quicker to glance at side mirrors even.

Gazelle_392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes S63 Cabriolet
BSI gets it right - driving shouldn't be like playing a video game - the BSI indicators don't obviate the need to look at your mirrors, they're on the mirrors so its an enhancement, not a total distraction.

If anything, LaneWatch is a total distraction, you're taking your eyes off the road too much to really concentrate on the screen. Its quicker to glance at side mirrors even.
Lane Watch is a total distraction at night, it was pitch dark outside and when you turn on your right signal the whole cockpit lights up and you can't see shit outside