Right Side Mirror Loose at Pivot Point

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
(Posted this in the General 10th Gen Discussions forum but it really should be here. Sorry admins!)

My passenger side mirror is loose at the pivot point. It looks like the previous owner hit something (which I didn't notice at the time of purchase). It's not so loose that it's moving around while I'm driving, but rattles when the door closes.

I took off the small cover on the bottom and tried to tighten the three screws that go into the mount, but they seem pretty snug.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or have pics of the inside of the mirror without the shell on?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Tzfng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Civic Hatch ST
Country flag
Hey I have a similar issue. Someone hit my right side view mirror and while the mirror is fine, the housing is a bit wobbly when i apply pressure to it. (compared to the healthy left side)

Is there anyway to tighten it back up?

Danny17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CIVIC EX
Country flag
Hey I have a similar issue. Someone hit my right side view mirror and while the mirror is fine, the housing is a bit wobbly when i apply pressure to it. (compared to the healthy left side)

Is there anyway to tighten it back up?
Hey did you manage to figure this out? I made a really stupid mistake and broke a part of my passenger side view mirror a while back. I did manage to replace with a new housing but it seems to be loose around the pivot point. Not sure where to tighten it.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Anyone have a solution to this? Mine has been loose on my R on the driver side since new. Has finally gotten worse to the point it’s vibrating and moving on the highway annoyingly.

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
the solution is buying the parts that are broke and replacing them. pretty sure you guys all have the same damage to the passenger mirror that i had. i ordered a new upper piece and lower piece, but what is actually loose is the piece that connects to the piece attached to the window that spins. if you look under there i bet you see a crack, i didnt notice mine until after i ordered the other parts. so ijust put it back together and its a little loose still. the piece circled is where the loose break happened on your mirrors, thats the part you need to order to fix your mirror from being loose.

Honda Civic 10th gen Right Side Mirror Loose at Pivot Point 1655760243674

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Pull the mirror and use the mirror to see if the motor is moving around normally. If it is, then add some type of foam as cushion. Aftermarket mirrors add this.

NIKNAKSBBC

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Country flag
I have a 2020 Civic Sport Touring the warranty is up in November BUT they’re replacing my whole driver side mirror and the panel and the tweeter thats connected to it because “it doesnt fit…..” 👀🙄🖕🏼it leaked and left a little puddle on my floor every time it rained thank god I have rubber mats…I spent hours trying to figure out why and have it rigged until they do my other warranty work lol 😂 but it shook so bad that I couldnt even use it its honestly really bad like it was going to fall off…. I make and Inspect car parts for a living you cant have an effin tiny speck of anything on the interior trim but they can assemble and sell a car with parts that “dont fit” but anyways its an over 3k fix on their dime for just that mirror and tweeter SO if you have this problem and your car is under warranty dont assume its something you did! theyre also replacing my entire transmission….. if its under warranty NIT PICK! tell them every single little thing that doesnt feel right or feels different! my advisor at the dealership today after telling me they’re replacing my whole transmission told me people come in with things that they say they feel stupid mentioning and theyve replaced the whole engine……
Sponsored