Right hand side mirror camera 'aim issues'

mmkru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
hey everyone. This is my first post, I've owned my civic for about 6 months now, and unfortunately its in the shop for hail damage. This hail damage affected my mirror camera and he's called me to tell me the camera doesn't work, and that he's getting an 'aim' error on the dashboard. I haven't picked it up yet, I will tomorrow morning but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what the issue could be and how I can fix it?
Sponsored

Kernerstyle

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si
Country flag
Just so yall know it's not required to take it to honda or buy the expensive target I made mine from duck tape on my garage door

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
Uh, I hope you measured the distances out on that one. We have a very specific set of measurements from passenger rear tire back and outwards to calibrate. Not under warranty if it is hail damage, that's insurance claim repair or customer pay if not insurance related.

Cody

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Let Honda aim your camera. If your target isn’t the correct size, distance away, or high enough it won’t be aimed properly. It might pass and work using a diy method but it won’t give you a proper perception of where exactly the car is next to you. Speaking from experience.

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
lol that's wrong. The distance is too far. Try again or take it to Honda
Sponsored