Rice

First Name
Beerus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hatch
Country flag
What do you guys think about stuff like type r spoilers and bodykits on 10th gen civics? Stupid or smart since type r's are at their highest ever price nowadays
Sponsored

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17ā€™ Si FC3, 17ā€™ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22ā€™ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Personally I hate them. But the civic is a platform for the masses that allows people to express themselves without going bankrupt if they make a mistake. A car to make mistakes on, iā€™d say.

I love the styling of my Si Coupe in stock form for the most part. Iā€™ve changed a couple small things.

Guitar_stitch

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI, 2006 Honda Element, 2006 Chevy Express
Country flag
1) Ricer shit is really obnoxious IMHO. Looks tacky and usually is poorly executed. However, I don't have to drive the thing so if that's your aesthetic, go for it. Not smart, but investing money into a vehicle is not a smart investment anyway. It's a hobby, passion, or self expression. Or just trying to gain social acceptance by trading money for "look at me" attention accessories.

2) Adding Type R parts to a non Type R vehicle does not increase its value. If anything, mods reduce the resale value.

Bigboss

First Name
King
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic sport hatchback cvt
Country flag
If you wanna make a hype R go ahead but everyone will know you have a fake R an wished you had the real thing

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would say as long as your not telling people its a Type R when its not, or have Type R Badges on a non Type R ( specifically saying the trunk / Grille "Type R" lettering badges here ) then I'd say its fine.

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1) Ricer shit is really obnoxious IMHO. Looks tacky and usually is poorly executed. However, I don't have to drive the thing so if that's your aesthetic, go for it. Not smart, but investing money into a vehicle is not a smart investment anyway. It's a hobby, passion, or self expression. Or just trying to gain social acceptance by trading money for "look at me" attention accessories.

2) Adding Type R parts to a non Type R vehicle does not increase its value. If anything, mods reduce the resale value.
I agree with all of this but to each his own. Cars are a fools investment but as soon as you say hobby, people tend to agree.
My other hobby is guns and let me tell you, they are stupid wasteful but ā€œhey itā€™s a hobbyā€ so itā€™s cool . šŸ˜‰šŸ˜¬šŸ˜Ž

RepublikaSrpska

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatchback
Country flag
I agree with all of this but to each his own. Cars are a fools investment but as soon as you say hobby, people tend to agree.
My other hobby is guns and let me tell you, they are stupid wasteful but ā€œhey itā€™s a hobbyā€ so itā€™s cool . šŸ˜‰šŸ˜¬šŸ˜Ž
Guns, wasteful? I dont rhink so, guns will NEVER lose value!

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Guns, wasteful? I dont rhink so, guns will NEVER lose value!
They do actually lose value but the practice of shooting bullets, at least as much as I do to compete, is very wasteful. Much like burning gas in a car to go non-essential places but againā€¦.. itā€™s a hobby!

UncleJoel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 HB Sport
Country flag
Guns donā€™t lose value. In fact you can shoot a million bullets out of a gun but as long as it was well kept and oiled and in decent condition you should be able to resell it for nearly as much as you bought it for.

RepublikaSrpska

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Guns donā€™t lose value. In fact you can shoot a million bullets out of a gun but as long as it was well kept and oiled and in decent condition you should be able to resell it for nearly as much as you bought it for.
Exactly! If you take care of your gun it will be priceless especially when the zombies arise

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Agree to disagree but my part time side hustle is gun brokering. Itā€™s not that they donā€™t hold value. Itā€™s that the resale is a horrid.
But believe what you want, it wasnā€™t up for debate.

UncleJoel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 HB Sport
Country flag
So you are back tracking on saying they lose value literally three posts ago and now close the argument by saying itā€™s not up for debate? šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤”
Sponsored