Rial Wheels

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
Anyone ever heard of them before? I saw these on tirerack and fell in love with the look they are 18x8 with a 40mm offset. Follow up question would be what would be the best tire to go with i don't want the tire to look stretched out but i don't want too much sidewall.

Honda Civic 10th gen Rial Wheels Capture.PNG
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mannyp93

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
235/35/18 is probably your best bet. Least difference in circumference/speedo/odo, and a pretty common tire size.
I just checked on tiretrack they only had 1 tire with those specs. Would a 225/35/18 work?

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
I just checked on tiretrack they only had 1 tire with those specs. Would a 225/35/18 work?
No your readings will be off by quite a bit; according to a tire size calculator it's a 4.4% difference in circumference. That'll too big for my liking.

OP
OP
Mannyp93

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You could do 215/45/18's...tons of hits on tirerack.
I am really bad when it comes to tires and wheel combos. The numbers never make sense to me. How would 215/45/18 look? Stretched? Or low profile

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Google is probably your best friend: "What do tire sizes mean?"

But in a quick and dirty form, it's width/sidewall/rim-size.
The key though is that the rim-size is always in inches. The width/sidewall are measured in RATIO's and are not a set unit of length. For example 215/35s will not be the same width as 215/50s.

Stretched tires are when you put a tire that's too narrow for a wheel. There is range of recommended tire widths per rim width. Stretched tires are for people that lower their cars to where their tire is behind the fender; I doubt (without meaning any offence) that you're into that scene, so no, you don't want stretched tires.

Low profile tires are just a bin-phrase given to tires with smaller sidewalls than "normal". It's a subjective term to say the least. That said, if you're going to run 18" rims, you're going to fall into what most people would call "low profile". It's not really a positive or a negative though, your most important factor should be keeping the overall circumference the same, or within <2% of the original.

OP
OP
Mannyp93

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Google is probably your best friend: "What do tire sizes mean?"

But in a quick and dirty form, it's width/sidewall/rim-size.
The key though is that the rim-size is always in inches. The width/sidewall are measured in RATIO's and are not a set unit of length. For example 215/35s will not be the same width as 215/50s.

Stretched tires are when you put a tire that's too narrow for a wheel. There is range of recommended tire widths per rim width. Stretched tires are for people that lower their cars to where their tire is behind the fender; I doubt (without meaning any offence) that you're into that scene, so no, you don't want stretched tires.

Low profile tires are just a bin-phrase given to tires with smaller sidewalls than "normal". It's a subjective term to say the least. That said, if you're going to run 18" rims, you're going to fall into what most people would call "low profile". It's not really a positive or a negative though, your most important factor should be keeping the overall circumference the same, or within <2% of the original.
Wow thanks for that write up man. And no i deff am not into the slamming, cambering scene. I just want a nice functional clean look. I think those rims paired with a set of 215/45/18's that i found will work good. I like the 40 offset because it provides for a nice flush with the body of the car look. I'll post pics once this all goes through.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Sounds good! I donno what the offsets are for OEM rims, but at 18" +40 it should look pretty good.

Make sure you get new lugnuts with the rims! Tons of people forget that haha

sometimestwice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just make sure they are not gravity cast wheels and should be fine. If you like them, get them. I've never heard anything bad about Rial personally, plus Tirerack usually has good quality stuff. My opinion is 225/40/18 tires for clearance and looks with the 18x8.
Sponsored