Review: Progress Technology 20.5mm Rear Sway Bar

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't approached them about it yet. I'm wondering what results others will get, I haven't really read of anyone installing.
I would get a replacement one sent out to see it a different one will torque down correctly.

Any chance you could record and upload a video so we can see/hear what you're talking about?

cmwalton16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe ABM, 2016 Civic Touring CBP
Country flag
I would get a replacement one sent out to see it a different one will torque down correctly.

Any chance you could record and upload a video so we can see/hear what you're talking about?
I already have the OEM mount back on and didn't take a vid. Very low rpm (idle to ~1200) vibrations in park and reverse. It was pretty loud and this was a humming vibration noise heard only inside the cabin, no rattles or noises heard outside the car. Side mirrors and rearview mirrors vibrated bad. Radio, door panels, center console etc were rattling

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
I already have the OEM mount back on and didn't take a vid. Very low rpm (idle to ~1200) vibrations in park and reverse. It was pretty loud and this was a humming vibration noise heard only inside the cabin, no rattles or noises heard outside the car. Side mirrors and rearview mirrors vibrated bad. Radio, door panels, center console etc were rattling
From what I read, the polyurethane motor mounts will vibrate more, but excessive vibration could be loose connection. Get a new one and torque it to specific foot pounds.

fightermav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe 1.5T WOP
I did just get mine in the mail now. I'm going to probably go ahead and install it and see.... I did notice two almost identical marks on one end of the mount. Just an observation.

Honda Civic 10th gen Review: Progress Technology 20.5mm Rear Sway Bar IMG_0685.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Review: Progress Technology 20.5mm Rear Sway Bar IMG_0686.JPG

cmwalton16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I did just get mine in the mail now. I'm going to probably go ahead and install it and see.... I did notice two almost identical marks on one end of the mount. Just an observation.

IMG_0685.JPG

IMG_0686.JPG
Mine has those too but that's not what I was referring to as compression

ultraracingusa

Ultra Racing USA - Marketing and Product Research
First Name
Jesse Ramirez
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ultraracing-usa.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda FK7 Hatch, 2015 Toyota Venza Waggon, 2010 Acura TL-Tech, 1991 Toyota MR2

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Over $100 more and smaller...????? Got the Progress.
Holy moly -- EP3 bar is still almost $400 from them. And 19mm (stock RSX Type-S size) instead of 22mm like Progress (and DC5-R).

If these are selling well, I'm in the wrong business.

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Installed the Progress bar Sat morning, easy install, much larger when laid side by side, that's when you really notice it. Well worth it, stiffer, more planted feel and minimal body roll, also have the Sirimoto strut tower bar and did the Hasport rear mount. I would love to see how these Sport HB's handle with a top end extreme performance summer tire, I think that's where the biggest improvement will come from upgrading from the Conti touring tires.....

cmwalton16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Installed the Progress bar Sat morning, easy install, much larger when laid side by side, that's when you really notice it. Well worth it, stiffer, more planted feel and minimal body roll, also have the Sirimoto strut tower bar and did the Hasport rear mount. I would love to see how these Sport HB's handle with a top end extreme performance summer tire, I think that's where the biggest improvement will come from upgrading from the Conti touring tires.....
My car feels glued to the road wet or dry with Michelin Pilot Super Sports 235/40/18.