Review: Progress Technology 20.5mm Rear Sway Bar

shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 STI, 15 CRV, 16 Civic RS Turbo, 18 Civic Type R
Country flag
So is that enough to say you wouldn't recommend this upgrade? I ask because I ordered it online for my civic yesterday.

Hoping I won't have to fight honda over the warranty with it. Especially if something is going to tear.
I don't know enough about the forces and construction of the FC subframe to comment on it. Suspension geometry, material strength, and design have certainly changed.

This is just a heads up on a past problem.
Sponsored

fightermav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe 1.5T WOP
I don't know enough about the forces and construction of the FC subframe to comment on it. Suspension geometry, material strength, and design have certainly changed.

This is just a heads up on a past problem.

Forsure thank you.

cmwalton16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe ABM, 2016 Civic Touring CBP
Country flag
I appreciate the heads up as well, decided to cancel my order today before it shipped.

cmwalton16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe ABM, 2016 Civic Touring CBP
Country flag
Mine shipped today I didn't cancel.
Just had a bad experience with the Boomba engine mount. So I guess I'm a little hesitant, especially after reading other threads where it has happened.

fightermav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just had a bad experience with the Boomba engine mount. So I guess I'm a little hesitant, especially after reading other threads where it has happened.
Explain your experience. I have that coming in the mail too.

And links to these other threads?

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Haven't heard or read anything negative on the sway bar or motor mount. What happened

jeffbatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan, 2000 S2000
It is probably fine, but at 20.5mm the progress bar is probably over twice the stiffness of the stock touring bar. It isn't a trivial increase.

That said I don't think this has been much of an issue since ek9/dc2 days or else when running a very stiff bar with soft springs. I don't believe this was ever a problem on the dc5.

fightermav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I'd love to know about any possible negatives before I open and install the Boomba Racing mount and the Progress sway bar which I was and currently am still planning to do this week unless I have a reason not to from someone here. My car is brand new (3000) miles with the extended Honda Warranty.