Review: 2017 civic ex-t m/t vs 2013 accord coupe m/t, 2014 accord sedan ex-l and 2015 accord sport c

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
I plan on doing a more indepth review but after having the car a few days here are my first impressions..

The car is fast for what it is.. Def beats my accords..

Im still adjusting to this manual trans..

With that said.. My few negatives are..

1. The view out the back window.. Alot less than any of my accords.

2. The rearview mirrors on the doors.. It rained on my way home from the dealer and the lack of a plastic "overhang?" Lets the rain on the mirror.. The accords have more material above amd it keeps the rain from getting on the glass while stopped.. Not so much on the civic.. Maybe some rain-x? Never used it on mirrors.

3. The firestone tires SUCK... I miss my michelins from my coupe.. I see on the web that the car can come with the firestones or continental procontacts.. If your buying one and the one they pull up for you has the firestones ask if they would switch it to the continentals from a different one on the lot.. Im gonna go back and ask if they will.. They were closing.. Technically they were closed for 10 minutes when i finally got outside with my sales rep.. Reviews of the vehicle on youtube with the continentals are praising those tires..

4. The throws in the trans are just right in my opinion.. But i am gonna change the bushings.. However i might wait til i get to 2k miles so i can do a full review once everything is broken in...

Thats all for now.. But expect updates as i have more time/hit more milestones (i.e. 1k on the motor.. 2k on the trans..)

Oh and it looks like all the m/t civics are made in canada and not in the u.s. every one ive seen said so..

Overall at this point..

I effin LOVE this car..and i own a type r in europe and have owned many great cars.. M3.. First gen biturbo 335's.. Mini cooper type s... Gokart on wheels....and so on..
Sponsored