Rev9 Intercooler

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
The Injen one is better just got mine and installed it last night.
Better how? I did have to clean the threaded holes for the MAF and the filter is obviously cheaper. But aside from that I'm pretty sure it's identical to the injen.

(You may be referencing the fmic and my comment is irrelevant but since you previously linked to the injen cai when asked for the link to the af cai I don't think so)
Sponsored

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Better how? I did have to clean the threaded holes for the MAF and the filter is obviously cheaper. But aside from that I'm pretty sure it's identical to the injen.

(You may be referencing the fmic and my comment is irrelevant but since you previously linked to the injen cai when asked for the link to the af cai I don't think so)
Carb Legal or will be haha

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well yeah I guess for your Cali dudes. Never think of that really since I don't have to deal with it.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
true everyone is welcomed to their opinion, based on some reports for Injen intercoolers (youtube video to match) and the lack of PRL's being available for up to 90 days I'm going to take that chance...speaking of which I just purchased it so Ill test to see how much PSI it truly looses once Vit gets to tuning. I've been in this game since 1998 and have had good/bad success with name brand and no name brand turbo's and intercoolers...luck of draw really. I'll be starting a build thread here in a bit on my Si as soon as the parts start coming in

My purchase list so far
prl downpipe set
AF cold air intake
REv9 intercooler
Ktuner V1 (with Vit-tune)
Avid av20 18x9.5 +38
D2 Pro Springs
truhart camber arms

and various other misc stuff.
Vit Called the Rev9 Chinese garbage......

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Vit Called the Rev9 Chinese garbage......
Really either one is more than I like to spend but the rev9 @400 for just the FMIC, 629(preorder) or whatever for the PRL FMIC plus all the plumbing seems like a much better deal.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Really either one is more than I like to spend but the rev9 @400 for just the FMIC, 629(preorder) or whatever for the PRL FMIC plus all the plumbing seems like a much better deal.
Yeah, I preordered the PRL kit. Just seems like a better overall deal to get a full kit that was custom made to our cars rather then piece together the intercool and charge pipes. Im not sure I would have done the PRL at full retail.

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
Yeah, I preordered the PRL kit. Just seems like a better overall deal to get a full kit that was custom made to our cars rather then piece together the intercool and charge pipes. Im not sure I would have done the PRL at full retail.
If PRL offers a similar price later once they are retail available I'll go for it. If not I'll go with an Injen probably for around $600.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If PRL offers a similar price later once they are retail available I'll go for it. If not I'll go with an Injen probably for around $600.
looks like retail is going to be $800, but that still includes charge piping

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
I mean think about it, it's 600+ for the injen kit which isn't even a kit, if you are gonna fork over 600, you might as well fork the rest to get the better kit, which will be a actual kit, not to mention reputation. Injen vs Prl hmm, you can't even compare the two company's. Injen is fraud. Do it right the first time.
Edit* There's also Mishimoto's intercooler to consider when it comes out, that will also be a quality product to buy.

Last edited:

WhiteHatchEX17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP civic EX hatch
There's a company call Depo Racing who makes IC for evo focus st Fiesta st and Hyundai. I had one on my Fiesta ST along with their down pipe and charge pipe kit . Great quality and the IC was only 329.99 shipped and their charge pipe kit was 199.99

SlowRideL15B

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Si
true everyone is welcomed to their opinion, based on some reports for Injen intercoolers (youtube video to match) and the lack of PRL's being available for up to 90 days I'm going to take that chance...speaking of which I just purchased it so Ill test to see how much PSI it truly looses once Vit gets to tuning. I've been in this game since 1998 and have had good/bad success with name brand and no name brand turbo's and intercoolers...luck of draw really. I'll be starting a build thread here in a bit on my Si as soon as the parts start coming in

My purchase list so far
prl downpipe set
AF cold air intake
REv9 intercooler
Ktuner V1 (with Vit-tune)
Avid av20 18x9.5 +38
D2 Pro Springs
truhart camber arms

and various other misc stuff.
How is the Rev9 intercooler?

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There are some people here that have installed a Rev9 intercooler on their car. Nobody has posted any complaints yet. Can anybody that has this intercooler post a review? It is less than half price of others.
Sponsored