Donk232

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 civic si-sold, 1999 crv-sold, 2014 crv, 2017 civic si
Country flag
Bro what are those yellow things rumble strips?

Let me connect my tablet and tunerview. I haven’t swapped out the H\C side pipes yet im gonna test before and after install and post my review note sc temp aproxx 75-95 degrees day temp night 68/72
Please and thank you.
Sponsored

5th 3l3ment

First Name
5Th 3l3ment
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si
Country flag
Ues please,want more info on this before i pull the plug for mishimoto intercooler.
85 degrees out lots of high winds started off 124.7 idling came down to about 89 iat 69 degree weather with oem H/C side pipe in spirited driving in Sport mode. Im tying to get it downloaded I’m new to this

Honda Civic 10th gen Rev9 Intercooler Civic SI Install Review 029B9379-54B4-4043-A96E-514DE4147DEA

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
Saw these intercooler for the first time today. I was previously pretty sold on a Greddy intercooler, considering the price with piping, but man these Rev9 pieces are cheap cheap... and apparently work well!

anyone notice any heat soak with these? Wondering if the metal used has any drawbacks compared to more expensive units

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Saw these intercooler for the first time today. I was previously pretty sold on a Greddy intercooler, considering the price with piping, but man these Rev9 pieces are cheap cheap... and apparently work well!

anyone notice any heat soak with these? Wondering if the metal used has any drawbacks compared to more expensive units
I notice IAT between +6 and +10 Celcius higher vs. ambient temperature in highway with combined driving style (Cruising, and 2-3 WOT). IAT in traffic equals to stock.

Jonvolution

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen LX (MT)
Country flag
I notice IAT between +6 and +10 Celcius higher vs. ambient temperature in highway with combined driving style (Cruising, and 2-3 WOT). IAT in traffic equals to stock.
So are you happy with it so far?

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So are you happy with it so far?
I am happy with the result. Traffic in my city is very bad. Basically the car spend most of the time stationary during traffic. In the worse traffic situation, car might only move between 10 and 20 metres.

A few friends with aftermarket IC of different brands in my city shared similar finding. Great performance during cruising and WOT but same as stock when stuck in traffic.

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
Nice. Did you ever keep track of IATs under similar conditions with the stock intercooler?
for under $300 it almost sounds too good to be true

Jonvolution

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen LX (MT)
Country flag
I am happy with the result. Traffic in my city is very bad. Basically the car spend most of the time stationary during traffic. In the worse traffic situation, car might only move between 10 and 20 metres.

A few friends with aftermarket IC of different brands in my city shared similar finding. Great performance during cruising and WOT but same as stock when stuck in traffic.
Awesome!! I didn’t know it until I did some research but Rev9 (and the two or so other Chinese companies that make this IC) dropped it back in 2017, so it’s not brand new. It’s been around long enough to be tested by a ton of people and I haven’t read about any problems. It would just seem this one isn’t as popular because around the time they dropped theirs all of the powerhouse companies charging $600-$1k for their IC’s dominated the market with their designs. Like many I usually don’t like putting “cheap” performance parts on my car that could be vital to reliability but these seem solid by everyone that uses them, they just aren’t as fancy as the more expensive ones. But hey, I just ordered mine today for $250 shipped so I’m happy. And with all of the positives I’ve read your reply just solidified it for me. Can’t wait to install it!!

5th 3l3ment

First Name
5Th 3l3ment
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si
Country flag
Nice. Did you ever keep track of IATs under similar conditions with the stock intercooler?
Change those pesky HC pipes i just installed the CNT pipes what a difference 78/89 degrees 3% humidity went from 123/124 degrees stationary to 88/89 degrees same position. A 5min drive seen my IAT temp hit 79/81 Thats without the Bumper 44/50 mph straight run tbc

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic 1.5T, 15' Audi A3 1.8T, Toyota Hilux Revo 2017
Country flag

i have never noticed my car getting heat soaked doing back to back 4-5 full run to 160+kph on TSP stage 1 map, before intalling rev9 intercooler i ve seen it easily get heat soaked after 2-3 full runs with base map. Also i added CAI later which also really help the reducing intake IAT in the hot summer of 32c+.

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes. 3 pulls and stock IC will heatsoak ranging +20 and +30 celcius. I'm tuned so this is why the stock IC got heatsoak, IC will not heatsoak with stock tune based on my experience.

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic 1.5T, 15' Audi A3 1.8T, Toyota Hilux Revo 2017
Country flag
Yes. 3 pulls and stock IC will heatsoak ranging +20 and +30 celcius. I'm tuned so this is why the stock IC got heatsoak, IC will not heatsoak with stock tune based on my experience.
stock tune map civic on stock intercooler did get heatsoaked when i did 4 dyno runs without giving break of 10-15 mins in 30c ambient temp.

5th 3l3ment

First Name
5Th 3l3ment
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si
Country flag
Awesome!! I didn’t know it until I did some research but Rev9 (and the two or so other Chinese companies that make this IC) dropped it back in 2017, so it’s not brand new. It’s been around long enough to be tested by a ton of people and I haven’t read about any problems. It would just seem this one isn’t as popular because around the time they dropped theirs all of the powerhouse companies charging $600-$1k for their IC’s dominated the market with their designs. Like many I usually don’t like putting “cheap” performance parts on my car that could be vital to reliability but these seem solid by everyone that uses them, they just aren’t as fancy as the more expensive ones. But hey, I just ordered mine today for $250 shipped so I’m happy. And with all of the positives I’ve read your reply just solidified it for me. Can’t wait to install it!!
Folks just love to complain or talk trash about what you use or don’t use probably why you don’t see many write ups on Rev9 IC. Those of us who own them drive up and laugh at how much others pay to be a follower?: no not everything that glitters is gold just think how much $$$ you save using common sense ??? while they buy high dollar items just to say hey look at me I’m cool while in our heads real leaders call followers a foolish being. Only a fool leaneth unto their own understanding while a wise man does his research 1st ✍?

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Any pressure drop compared to stock? I am asking this because I am considering this on stock map. Not willing to tune at all
Sponsored