First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
dude we all wear made in china stuff, even most of the car parts and Tesla battery parts come from China.....not all Chinese stuff are low or bad quality.....many Asian countries using rev9 intercoolers even on German cars. Obviously PRL, 27won and mishimoto would be a lot better then rev9 but if u cant afford these brands then theres no harm in getting rev9 intercooler.
Just about everything is made in China, and if it's USA made, the parts almost always come from China. We stick "Made In USA" labels on our products at my job, and yet we buy most of the parts from China. China makes good stuff, you just gotta pay for it. We have good stuff from China, and then we have the "cost savings" parts that we spend hours sorting which ones are good and which ones snuck through QC.

We are familiar with China being cheap, but what about the products made in China that are high quality for a fair price? Look at the Hi Rev Sports Mugen tail light knock offs. They are literally a more functional product and they have comparable issues to the Mugen lights, for half the price. (Not USA made but it's the same point - Japanese companies are known for quality - If you're a machinist or in manufacturing you know this)

I'm no advocate for China as I have a buddy who experienced some messed up stuff first hand but in a realistic view it's very rare that you'll see 100% start to end manufacturing process where it all takes place in the USA. It is super expensive. I would stand to bet components in most big name manufacturers' products are not all made in USA...

5th 3l3ment

First Name
5Th 3l3ment
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si
Country flag
Just about everything is made in China, and if it's USA made, the parts almost always come from China. We stick "Made In USA" labels on our products at my job, and yet we buy most of the parts from China. China makes good stuff, you just gotta pay for it. We have good stuff from China, and then we have the "cost savings" parts that we spend hours sorting which ones are good and which ones snuck through QC.

We are familiar with China being cheap, but what about the products made in China that are high quality for a fair price? Look at the Hi Rev Sports Mugen tail light knock offs. They are literally a more functional product and they have comparable issues to the Mugen lights, for half the price. (Not USA made but it's the same point - Japanese companies are known for quality - If you're a machinist or in manufacturing you know this)

I'm no advocate for China as I have a buddy who experienced some messed up stuff first hand but in a realistic view it's very rare that you'll see 100% start to end manufacturing process where it all takes place in the USA. It is super expensive. I would stand to bet components in most big name manufacturers' products are not all made in USA...
If they don’t know now they will know ask Ivanka about her 30+ trade marks via China ??‍♂

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If the part works well and is cheap, it is what it is. There's no arguing around this. I have a cheap Depo Racing intercooler. It does it's job and does it well.

If people want to spend their money/credit on more expensive parts, by all means do it. Who cares! As long as everyone is happy with the end product is all that matters.

BanquoX

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last edited:

hondabandit

First Name
hondaman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sport hatch
Country flag
Holy crap rev9 intercooler is super heavy! I'm not so stoked on adding so much weight all the way up front.

Reactions: Myx

du ma may

First Name
anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
racezzz
Country flag
If the part works well and is cheap, it is what it is. There's no arguing around this. I have a cheap Depo Racing intercooler. It does it's job and does it well.

If people want to spend their money/credit on more expensive parts, by all means do it. Who cares! As long as everyone is happy with the end product is all that matters.
depo kit looks good

Reactions: Myx

BanquoX

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got my BMS intercooler in today and just installed it. It barely fits in there and us very thick and the core itself is longer than the factory one. Performance is def there showing 3 degrees over ambient while in boost.
Honda Civic 10th gen Rev9 Intercooler Civic SI Install Review 20200828_005019

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic 1.5T, 15' Audi A3 1.8T, Toyota Hilux Revo 2017
Country flag
the burger intercooler is much thicker than rev9's offering the rev9 is consistent with the ebay intercoolers available for 220usd

20190829_122915_540x.jpg
wish it was available earlier, would have got this instead price is so good.

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic 1.5T, 15' Audi A3 1.8T, Toyota Hilux Revo 2017
Country flag
Holy crap rev9 intercooler is super heavy! I'm not so stoked on adding so much weight all the way up front.
most of the aftermarket intercooler are pretty heavy, oem intercooler got plastic end tank which is why its very light.

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I have a datalog showing improvement with Rev9 IC over stock. Rev 9 ic max temp was 56 celcius after 3 wot runs & stock ic was 71. Same ambient temp of 35 celcius, same route, but different day.

21 degrees delta vs ambient, and 15 degrees lower temp vs. stock on tuned Civic after 3 wot in a 35 celcius with terrible humidity looks good to me.

Last edited:

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Does anyone have comparisons between the rev9 and burger IC? I was originally planning on getting a Prl intercooler but if I’m only going to slap bolt ons on my civic and aim around 250-270whp, I doubt I’ll need more than this.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Change those pesky HC pipes i just installed the CNT pipes what a difference 78/89 degrees 3% humidity went from 123/124 degrees stationary to 88/89 degrees same position. A 5min drive seen my IAT temp hit 79/81 Thats without the Bumper 44/50 mph straight run tbc
So the cnt pipes are a direct fit to the rv6 IC without any modifications?