Rev9 Intercooler Civic SI Install Review

SiR_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 SiR, 2018 Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That doesn't look good. Did you send it back?
Yes. It was sent back after having a o open a claim through PayPal. The seller offered me back only $10 and that I could take it somewhere and get it fixed. The crack was all the way through the o ring groove. Im beyond sure it would have never sealed let alone hold any pressure. Took 4 days of PayPal contacting them before they sent me a return label.
Sponsored

Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 2015 FiT Sport
Country flag
Unfortunately I’m guessing someone else will end up with the same IC. Maybe you can steer use clear of this particular eBay store.

BanquoX

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes. It was sent back after having a o open a claim through PayPal. The seller offered me back only $10 and that I could take it somewhere and get it fixed. The crack was all the way through the o ring groove. Im beyond sure it would have never sealed let alone hold any pressure. Took 4 days of PayPal contacting them before they sent me a return label.
Lol 10 bucks to get it fixed. I wouldn't even turn on my welder for less than 200.

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic 1.5T, 15' Audi A3 1.8T, Toyota Hilux Revo 2017
Country flag
I am not tracking but in that case even the stock should be sufficient for just some canyon carving. we can save that $250 too by leaving stock intercooler
Stock intercooler on warmer climate region wouldn't suffice on tune civic.

SiR_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 SiR, 2018 Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol 10 bucks to get it fixed. I wouldn't even turn on my welder for less than 200.
Pretty much. I would definitely not recommend buying from eBay. If it comes from Ohio in any way stay clear. It's all the same seller. And they will do what ever they can to screw you.

5th 3l3ment

First Name
5Th 3l3ment
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si
Country flag
Cheaper options are made with cheaper lighter thinner materials and do not disapate heat as well as a thicker material. The bms intercooler is 130mm + thick and rev9 is 90mm thick. At some point you will experience diminishing returns. But if you live in a warmer climate I'd def get the bms option. The numbers don't lie and under boost I'm 5 to 8 degrees over ambient on iat2.
I agree numbers don’t lie. Yet here we are a year later & my rev9 hasn’t had any issues even track my si on several occasions its steady holding up strong, the crap folks claim about cheap this cheap that is about as fake as a 3 dollar bill, these hondas suck in the heat and love the cool ambient air when temps drop to below 73/74 degrees in this case i took a leap of faith and im still not getting the cross information you speak of.

5th 3l3ment

First Name
5Th 3l3ment
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si
Country flag
If you don’t have proof of stop bashing what you know nothing about just saying some of ya’ll act like you steady test these on a regular basis and create credible facts of what you claim. Jeepers the hate omg is laughable

BanquoX

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you don’t have proof of stop bashing what you know nothing about just saying some of ya’ll act like you steady test these on a regular basis and create credible facts of what you claim. Jeepers the hate omg is laughable
Nobody is hating. There is a place for both products. The bms is better. But also costs more. It's a beautiful thing to have options

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic 1.5T, 15' Audi A3 1.8T, Toyota Hilux Revo 2017
Country flag
Nobody is hating. There is a place for both products. The bms is better. But also costs more. It's a beautiful thing to have options
if the bms would have been available for $300 before rev9 came into mkt i would have bought it but so far m still on rev9 without any heat soaked issues.

ilipac

@blueFK7
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Been running my rev9 FMIC FOR 2 years now. I also have a PRL cobra race MAF intake, I recently was experiencing barely a delta between iat1 and iat2. It could be lack of air flow to that part of my bumper (2021 civic sport touring, and I do also have an alumalite splitter). I took the silicone hose that runs to the bumper off and put my 4” filter up top and my IATs are now about 5-10 degrees above ambient and a 20 degree delta between iat1 and iat2. Solid upgrade, I picked my rev9 used for like 120 shipped so no complaints here!