Xaymaca

First Name
Jermaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
Hello everybody. I recently as in yesterday changed my intercooler to the rev9, I purchased a while back. Today I’m driving around my IAT2 temps will go up when cruising almost 40 degrees above ambient, but when I push the car the iat2 goes down. My problem now is the ECT, because I would randomly check it prior and the highest I remember seeing was about 185 degrees when pushing the car. Today I decided to push it and the ECT went up to 202, which I have never seen. It also stays around 179-185 when cruising. I should mention I live in South Florida, and temps today have been around 85-92 degrees Fahrenheit. I don’t know if this is something I should be worried about?
Sponsored

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Where is it on the clusters gauge? If it's still in the middle, I wouldn't worry all that much.... But I could be wrong.

OP
OP

Xaymaca

First Name
Jermaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
Where is it on the clusters gauge? If it's still in the middle, I wouldn't worry all that much.... But I could be wrong.
On the cluster it shows like normal, but on the ktuner app it goes up to 202 under hard pull and then quickly goes back down when I ease off. Right now when it’s idling in 70 degree weather the ECT is steady at 177.8.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
On the cluster it shows like normal, but on the ktuner app it goes up to 202 under hard pull and then quickly goes back down when I ease off. Right now when it’s idling in 70 degree weather the ECT is steady at 177.8.
It’s normal, you push the car the.. the car gets hotter, so the coolant gets hotter. Normal. If it concerns you buy a honeycomb front grill or a civic type r style front grill so the radiator can receive more air to cool down better
Sponsored