First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR BBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just had this happen to me. My CTR is not a daily driver and the last time I drove it was this past Sunday. Everything was fine at the end of the drive. Tonight I get in and start the car and immediately I get the Rev Match and Emissions System Error. I hooked up my OBD reader and it gave me code P0456. I had about 75% fuel in the tank but went to the gas station and topped the tank off anyways. Drove it back home and parked it. This was probably a 2 mile journey. I am surprised because I don't beat on the car and it is garage kept. It is currently at 4770 miles and all I have done to it is the PRL HVI and PRL IC. Both of which were installed more than 1000 miles ago by me and I made sure to take my time and do things properly. Just letting the car sit until I have time to take it to Honda.

Honda Civic 10th gen Rev match and emissions errors! IMG_0817[1].JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Rev match and emissions errors! IMG_0818[1].JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Rev match and emissions errors! IMG_0819[1].JPG

Daddie4xTypeR

First Name
Clarence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sienna, Honda Accord Hybrid, Lexus CT200h, Toyota RAV4
Country flag
Got the same exact issue. 2020 Boost Blue with 7,100 miles. Put my scanner and P0456 was there. Saved code on my Autel MaxiAP AP200 I got at Walmart for $40. From regular use and turning ON/OFF the car for doing Daddy duties (picking up kids to school & bringing them to appointments), the Check Engine Light went away completely on its own. Stuck the OBDII reader and I got P0046. But P0456 was “permanent” on the display.

Brought to dealer and told then that the exact thing as above and asked if there was a firmware/software update to the head unit/cpu for my Apple CarPlay connection issue.

Several hours later got a call to pick up the car and I was told that they updated the software.

Bad thing was I didn’t take a snapshot of the head unit firmware/software version prior and don’t know for sure they did it and just cleared the code with their $$$ thousand dollars scan tool.

There is no mention in the paperwork for software upgrade, just the dealer stating “cleared codes”, & monitored turbo boost while driving. All OK.
I stuck my scanner while still at the dealer and all codes are clear but the P0456 is “Permanent” but cleared.
Photo is the head unit’s version post dealer visit. Don’t know what it was pre-viait.

Honda Civic 10th gen Rev match and emissions errors! BA7C85EE-3FC5-45B0-8CAD-FA6065C5C5CE

Daddie4xTypeR

First Name
Clarence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Got the same exact issue. 2020 Boost Blue with 7,100 miles. Put my scanner and P0456 was there. Saved code on my Autel MaxiAP AP200 I got at Walmart for $40. From regular use and turning ON/OFF the car for doing Daddy duties (picking up kids to school & bringing them to appointments), the Check Engine Light went away completely on its own. Stuck the OBDII reader and I got P0046. But P0456 was “permanent” on the display.

Brought to dealer and told then that the exact thing as above and asked if there was a firmware/software update to the head unit/cpu for my Apple CarPlay connection issue.

Several hours later got a call to pick up the car and I was told that they updated the software.

Bad thing was I didn’t take a snapshot of the head unit firmware/software version prior and don’t know for sure they did it and just cleared the code with their $$$ thousand dollars scan tool.

There is no mention in the paperwork for software upgrade, just the dealer stating “cleared codes”, & monitored turbo boost while driving. All OK.
I stuck my scanner while still at the dealer and all codes are clear but the P0456 is “Permanent” but cleared.
Photo is the head unit’s version post dealer visit. Don’t know what it was pre-viait.

BA7C85EE-3FC5-45B0-8CAD-FA6065C5C5CE.jpeg
Turns out my head unit’s “About Device” Pre & Post versions is exactly the same. Got an old photo of it (last year). So the service Manager was just full of manure when he said I had a software update…..unless something else was “updated”???? Pllease someone educate me on that….

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Turns out my head unit’s “About Device” Pre & Post versions is exactly the same. Got an old photo of it (last year). So the service Manager was just full of manure when he said I had a software update…..unless something else was “updated”???? Pllease someone educate me on that….
That specific code is EVAP system leak if my Google Fu isn't messed up right now. I'm not sure why, but it does lead me to ask whether or not you checked if your car is part of the fuel pump recall. Granted the dealership probably should have checked that when you brought it in.

Daddie4xTypeR

First Name
Clarence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That specific code is EVAP system leak if my Google Fu isn't messed up right now. I'm not sure why, but it does lead me to ask whether or not you checked if your car is part of the fuel pump recall. Granted the dealership probably should have checked that when you brought it in.
Went back and reread the invoice. No TSB for the car and there is a software update 0.2. See the invoice.

Honda Civic 10th gen Rev match and emissions errors! 980C1BBB-2966-4895-9D18-0680A963FDB3

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Went back and reread the invoice. No TSB for the car and there is a software update 0.2. See the invoice.

980C1BBB-2966-4895-9D18-0680A963FDB3.jpeg
Software update likely isn't in the head unit.

Edit: you also typed in the wrong code above, P046 is different from P0046. The update is likely to either the ECU or whatever actually controls the boost controller.

Daddie4xTypeR

First Name
Clarence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Software update likely isn't in the head unit.

Edit: you also typed in the wrong code above, P046 is different from P0046. The update is likely to either the ECU or whatever actually controls the boost controller.
Thanks for the correction. Sometimes typing these things on the phone….grrr?…tough to get 100%…glad that others are detailed for sure to ensure accuracy.
Sponsored