Steveland15

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R
Country flag
Had the battery out to check fuses in my car for an interior light issue(still not fixed).

When I plugged it all back in got the battery in. It did the normal “drive careful syncing systems”. But also threw me an emissions problem error and a rev match error.

Can anyone help me?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Steveland15

Steveland15

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R
Country flag
it might go away after a short driving, be patient, drive it a day or two and see.
Thanks! I have heard that, or go start the car again. Then like 3-4 times could clear it. Idk. Frustrating. Do you think Honda will blame the short throw shifter?

nickjohn35

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2017 PMM Typer R. Former: 2004 350Z
Country flag
Thanks! I have heard that, or go start the car again. Then like 3-4 times could clear it. Idk. Frustrating. Do you think Honda will blame the short throw shifter?
Don’t be surprised if they do blame it. Last time my car was in at my local dealership the service manager got shitty with me regarding my PRL intercooler and my catch can even though the problem was totally unrelated to both.

OP
OP
Steveland15

Steveland15

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R
Country flag
Don’t be surprised if they do blame it. Last time my car was in at my local dealership the service manager got shitty with me regarding my PRL intercooler and my catch can even though the problem was totally unrelated to both.
Yeah that's what I was worried about. I put everything back to stock and I am going to play dumb.

nickjohn35

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah that's what I was worried about. I put everything back to stock and I am going to play dumb.
Yeah, I had another project I was working on they questioned me about. I acted completely dumb and shitty about it even though it was a OEM Honda wire harness. From my understanding, in order to void the warranty they have to prove that aftermarket part created that problem. If that's wrong, I'm sure I'll be quickly corrected by others.

OP
OP
Steveland15

Steveland15

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R
Country flag
Yeah, I had another project I was working on they questioned me about. I acted completely dumb and shitty about it even though it was a OEM Honda wire harness. From my understanding, in order to void the warranty they have to prove that aftermarket part created that problem. If that's wrong, I'm sure I'll be quickly corrected by others.
Yeah that is what I have heard also. I would Imagine they wont be able to prove that I did anything wrong. I wish I could just figure it out on my own. It makes no sense to me honestly. I get that the codes are popping up, most likely from having the battery disconnected. that's what everyone is telling me, but the interior lights that turn on when its dark out, not coming on..... I can not figure out

nickjohn35

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That’s what happened to me when I had my battery disconnected. It went away within a day of driving.

In terms of your interior lights, it’s a pain in the arse, but check ALL of your fuses.

OP
OP
Steveland15

Steveland15

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R
Country flag
That’s what happened to me when I had my battery disconnected. It went away within a day of driving.

In terms of your interior lights, it’s a pain in the arse, but check ALL of your fuses.
Hey Nick. I checked all the fuses under the dash and under the hood. Is there anywhere else that I could be missing? Is there more fuses anywhere else?

OP
OP
Steveland15

Steveland15

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R
Country flag
Hey Guys,

Good news on this front, doing the "on off on off on off" cleared the codes and the rev match is back to normal! Woo Hoo!! Going to honda for the interior light issues.....

CDNTyper

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8 1999 turbo EK
Country flag
Hey Guys,

Good news on this front, doing the "on off on off on off" cleared the codes and the rev match is back to normal! Woo Hoo!! Going to honda for the interior light issues.....
Just a heads up. Had the same issue. Ended up being two pulled/broken wires. Honda fixes it via warranty.

R-15325

First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic type r
Country flag
I been having rev and emissions codes popping up I flashed my R but it only happens when I get on the throttle and my boost gauge goes past 27psi can it be a safety feature or do I need to turn down the boost?

Deleted member 21875

I been having rev and emissions codes popping up I flashed my R but it only happens when I get on the throttle and my boost gauge goes past 27psi can it be a safety feature or do I need to turn down the boost?
I didn’t flash mine but I got these warnings at the track. I was just under a quarter tank. The code said fuel starvation ( I’ll find the actual code and post). I’ve heard it’s an issue with low fuel. I did shut the car off for an hour or so and the warning went away after I refueled. With such a small tank I’m surprised there woulndnt be baffles in the tank. I was in a banked turn but nothing was excessive....rpms speed bank angle

Honda Civic 10th gen Rev match and emissions errors! 97451273-2D40-450B-80AB-3EA2FA29F0EE

Honda Civic 10th gen Rev match and emissions errors! 94115F78-DF9F-404C-A74E-1EEB95102C0C

ThunderJAG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I didn’t flash mine but I got these warnings at the track. I was just under a quarter tank. The code said fuel starvation ( I’ll find the actual code and post). I’ve heard it’s an issue with low fuel. I did shut the car off for an hour or so and the warning went away after I refueled. With such a small tank I’m surprised there woulndnt be baffles in the tank. I was in a banked turn but nothing was excessive....rpms speed bank angle

97451273-2D40-450B-80AB-3EA2FA29F0EE.jpeg

94115F78-DF9F-404C-A74E-1EEB95102C0C.jpeg
Hello GearDown.... i got the same error this morning. Wondering if yours came back after you had your tank refueled. My tank currently only has less than quarter tank left. Probably the same issue. Haven't checked the error message yet. Please reply when you get a chance. Would like to know if you still have issue? If so, did you get it fix and what resolve the issue. THank you in advance.
Sponsored