First Name
Longo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Rev Match and Emission error message.

So I ran the code and It's coming up as P0128 for thermostat monitor has not achieved the required engine operating temperature after starting the engine within a set time.

I recently installed some bolt ons

mishimoto ic
rv6 dp
27won exhaust with fp
prl hvi
hks bov
rampage tit inlet
hondata flashpro

other mods
koyo radiator
acuity reverse hoses
spoon thermostat

I tried clearing the code but it came back. Anyone else ran into this issue? what was your method to resolve it?

my other issue after installing everything my AC stop working. Not blowing cold air so I checked there's a recall on the condenser. Waiting for the parts to come in and warranty it. Hopefully that will resolve that issues. Anyone else ran into this problem yet? car only has 13k on it.
Sponsored

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
check for leaks and also I didn't think you can run a BOV without a tune. The basemap in hondata probably doesn't allocate for that.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Rev Match and Emission error message.

So I ran the code and It's coming up as P0128 for thermostat monitor has not achieved the required engine operating temperature after starting the engine within a set time.

I recently installed some bolt ons

mishimoto ic
rv6 dp
27won exhaust with fp
prl hvi
hks bov
rampage tit inlet
hondata flashpro

other mods
koyo radiator
acuity reverse hoses
spoon thermostat

I tried clearing the code but it came back. Anyone else ran into this issue? what was your method to resolve it?

my other issue after installing everything my AC stop working. Not blowing cold air so I checked there's a recall on the condenser. Waiting for the parts to come in and warranty it. Hopefully that will resolve that issues. Anyone else ran into this problem yet? car only has 13k on it.
The things that jump out at me most are the aftermarket radiator, reverse hoses, and thermostat. P0128 basically means that the engine is not getting up to temperature quick enough (for the conditions the car is in). Your cooling mods could be attributing to this possibly. I would double check and make sure everything is installed correctly. I have seen radiator manufacturers like PWR not recommend their track radiator for street use or in colder climates. I had the suspicion that it was do to the radiator working too efficiently for street use.

I know someone else brought up the BOV. I don't feel like that would cause issues with the code you're seeing, but with an aftermarket BOV it may be a good idea to keep track of your AFR and get a tune specific for a BOV if your AFR goes out of whack (Hondata doesn't offer one and they claim they never will since the BOV technically doesn't help performance).

OP
OP

Sole_serious

First Name
Longo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
check for leaks and also I didn't think you can run a BOV without a tune. The basemap in hondata probably doesn't allocate for that.
Had the bov installed for a while before all the other mods. Running with no issues.

OP
OP

Sole_serious

First Name
Longo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
The things that jump out at me most are the aftermarket radiator, reverse hoses, and thermostat. P0128 basically means that the engine is not getting up to temperature quick enough (for the conditions the car is in). Your cooling mods could be attributing to this possibly. I would double check and make sure everything is installed correctly. I have seen radiator manufacturers like PWR not recommend their track radiator for street use or in colder climates. I had the suspicion that it was do to the radiator working too efficiently for street use.

I know someone else brought up the BOV. I don't feel like that would cause issues with the code you're seeing, but with an aftermarket BOV it may be a good idea to keep track of your AFR and get a tune specific for a BOV if your AFR goes out of whack (Hondata doesn't offer one and they claim they never will since the BOV technically doesn't help performance).
Might have to pull the acuity hoses and then thermostat if I cant figure how to keep the codes off and go from there. Was hoping someone with similar mods ran into this issue.

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
you may have had no issues before but after adding all the other parts, things are out of whack now.

goodvibes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R CBP
Country flag
Last time I had that error it was the thermostat that had gone bad or damaged when I switched to the koyo radiator. I replaced it with another honda one and it was fine afterwards.

goodvibes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Also just to add to this, back when I had my s2k I also had gotten that error but it was the radiator fan that was running nonstop and was making the car too cold. I changed the fan and it was back to normal.

OP
OP

Sole_serious

First Name
Longo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Also just to add to this, back when I had my s2k I also had gotten that error but it was the radiator fan that was running nonstop and was making the car too cold. I changed the fan and it was back to normal.
Noted. Might switch the hoses first since its easier to get to and see if it does anything then thermostat after. Back track and see what causing the issue.

goodvibes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Noted. Might switch the hoses first since its easier to get to and see if it does anything then thermostat after. Back track and see what causing the issue.
yeah definitely is between the hoses,radiator, or thermostat. Good luck ??

solidconceptgroup

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, Accord V6
Country flag
Sorry boys its neither.... I've run into the same issues with my spoon t-stat... Spoon even sent me another one and to rule out a faulty one... basically means that the engine is not getting up to temperature quick enough (for the conditions the car is in), which is the design of the Spoon T-stat, its suppose to open up sooner. Disable the P0128 code in your hondata and you'll be fine.

I've ran mine on track, traffic, and canyons with it disable without any issues what's so ever for over 6 months now. if you have a temp gauge keep and eye on it to make sure but you should be fine.

I data logged my temps in traffic, track, and canyons and forwarded them to spoon to review and they concluded everything is operating fine, I did it with both T-stats as reference.

Only complaint I have and suggested to Spoon was that they should inform the customer they may have to disable the code, because not everyone has this issue depending on if the car is only tracked or street driven, I want say if its street driven you'll run into this issue...

Good Luck...

alpinefd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
how do you disable the p0128 code on the Hondata?
Just installed the spoon thermostat, having same issue on cold start ups.
Sponsored