mocaSi

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si & 2016 Honda Fit
Country flag
Thoughts anyone? Jason brings up some very compelling points;)

Sponsored

JDMJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR #26226
Country flag
I could totally see Canada being the landing spot for making future type r’s.
As far as that being an Integra.. I don’t think so. And 2.5L turbo all wheel drive!? Ehhhh. Why not just call it a baby NSX.

OP
OP
mocaSi

mocaSi

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I could totally see Canada being the landing spot for making future type r’s.
As far as that being an Integra.. I don’t think so. And 2.5L turbo all wheel drive!? Ehhhh. Why not just call it a baby NSX.
Yeah absolutely I think so too. I don't know, may be just speculation but he also may know a little something we don't. I can totally see it being the case, the headlights could be shaped like that to resemble the shape of the jdm ITR of the past? 2.5L turbo AWD id say is a long shot. But with Acura being the "luxury" line I could see them making it AWD to add to the appeal of the "higher tier".

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Unless manual is an option, I'll get the next Golf R instead thanks. Or the next wrx/sti

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Haha okay? :dunno: I think you read into this wrong lol
There ain't no way Honda is putting a manual in a 2.5 Turbo Acura with electric motors. :(

OP
OP
mocaSi

mocaSi

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There ain't no way Honda is putting a manual in a 2.5 Turbo Acura with electric motors. :(
I think the 2.5L Turbo with electric motors is a stretch. I can see it being AWD though. Making an auto would be a joke, but hey you could always get a CTR instead of Golf R?

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think the 2.5L Turbo with electric motors is a stretch. I can see it being AWD though. Making an auto would be a joke, but hey you could always get a CTR instead of Golf R?
Neah I got the Si over the CTR not because I couldn't afford the CTR. It's just the CTR is just too track focus and requires some mods to make it daily worthy.

OP
OP
mocaSi

mocaSi

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Neah I got the Si over the CTR not because I couldn't afford the CTR. It's just the CTR is just too track focus and requires some mods to make it daily worthy.
I get that. I fully intend on picking up a CTR in the future once I can afford to keep my Si. Si is a great daily

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I guess there is room between a 2.0t 4cyl and a 3.0t V6.

A 2.5t doesn't sound totally insane. But a 2.5t with a hybrid AWD drivetrain system like the NSX but on a civic platform is kind of unlikely.

I do give credit to Honda/Acura for making the "Type S" nameplate relevant again! That new TLX is gorgeous.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Where's this 2.5L rumor coming from? Does Honda have any 2.5Ls?

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When the Civic keeps stepping up over the years, Honda murdered Prelude in their own hands, and Integra was the next victim after Prelude.

At the same time, Fit and H-RV emerged to fill the gaps. The market has changed.

fk8dc5s

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 2003 DC5S 1994 CD5
Country flag
bad choice. not the vehicle you picked as the SI coupe is really nice but rather the "daily worthy" part. when I drive mine I could easily see the me driving it everyday but I have my DC5 for that. but I have 2 friends that daily theirs and nothing but perfection to them. both came from Si civics. one from a 9th Gen coupe and the other as of 2 months ago from a 10th gen Is Sedan (his was blue too just like you and got the same blue in the CTR). no regrets from both.