Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
You got a point there about the extra load. Wouldn't want the fuse keep blowing. Anyways what timer module did you purchase from Amazon and how did you hooked it up. Did the connect it to the fusebox under the driver's side. At what amp fuse?
It was another member that bought the Amazon timer, not me.

But, I would imagine you would use fuse taps and find something that is hot when the ignition is on. I would probably use a 5 amp fuse. I have my dash cam and shock sensor both running on 5 amp fuses with no issues.
Sponsored

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
It was another member that bought the Amazon timer, not me.

But, I would imagine you would use fuse taps and find something that is hot when the ignition is on. I would probably use a 5 amp fuse. I have my dash cam and shock sensor both running on 5 amp fuses with no issues.
I thought someone determined the mirror heaters were 12watts each. . . . if you can confirm this, you can use a 2.5amp fuse but a 5 should be good too just a little more tolerant.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you share the link from Amazon on the timer module you purchased? Some people tapped the heater mirror wires to the rear defroster. Is that a bad idea or why you didn't go that route? Where did you get your mirror with heater and signal? Got a link for that as well?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075FY4194/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_y4mYEbNQWSB6D

#Aliexpress US $79.00 | Blue Wing Mirror Glass With Base-Heated Car Angle Wide Glare Proof Mirror LED Turn Signal Lamp For Honda Civic 2016-2017
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dT8NTrT

martindtjr

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Vehicle(s)
TYPE R 19, Sienna XLE15, Xa 06, Camry 92
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You got a point there about the extra load. Wouldn't want the fuse keep blowing. Anyways what timer module did you purchase from Amazon and how did you hooked it up. Did the connect it to the fusebox under the driver's side. At what amp fuse?
Update. I bought the Euro version. Testing it.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2020 got heated mirrors with built in turn signals.

Hlee

First Name
Harry Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
Update. I bought the Euro version. Testing it.
Didn't you have the Suma ones installed? If so how is that compared to the Euro version? Does the Euro verson have the blue glass , heated, and led turn signal on the mirror? Is the Euro mirror the same ones from the link (Aliexpress) that another person has posted above?

martindtjr

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Didn't you have the Suma ones installed? If so how is that compared to the Euro version? Does the Euro verson have the blue glass , heated, and led turn signal on the mirror? Is the Euro mirror the same ones from the link (Aliexpress) that another person has posted above?
Yes, I have them installed.

Euro has blind spot, outside turn signal, power folding. I removed the mirror to figure out where the wires go. The only thing I have to test is the blind spot Led, but it's not important to me.

Last edited:

Hlee

First Name
Harry Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
Yes, I have them installed.

Euro has blind spot, outside turn signal, power folding. I removed the mirror to figure out where the wires go. The only thing I have to test is the blind spot Led, but it's not important to me.
Where did you get the Euro versions?

martindtjr

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

yaksplat

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
They may be cheaper elsewhere, but I didn't really dig. From what I see they should fit the earlier models as well. Is it really as easy as wiring them in parallel with the rear defrost?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They may be cheaper elsewhere, but I didn't really dig. From what I see they should fit the earlier models as well. Is it really as easy as wiring them in parallel with the rear defrost?
no oone knows where the rear defront wire to tap