Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Vehicle(s)
TYPE R 19, Sienna XLE15, Xa 06, Camry 92
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have any pictures on how the relay was wired up and was it fused as well?
No, not yet I'm not in a rush. Still testing the current draw. The suma mirrors have a higher ohms rating than the factory.
I'm working on the power fold option first.

ManfromRI

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Do you have any pictures on how the relay was wired up and was it fused as well?

I don't ATM, once I get out of work I can take some pictures.

It wires just like a basic 4 wire relay though. And yea I have a 10 amp tap-a-fuse feeding it off my accessories.

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I did the same as well but I added in a relay for safety.
@ManfromRI, how is using the red input wire from the C-128 connector with a fused relay working out for you?

I am thinking of doing this now since it is winter and I never got around to it before.

Just to confirm, you are using a relay with only 3 inputs:
  • Power from a 10 amp fuse tap to an acc fuse slot
  • Ground
  • Signal from the red wire from the C-128 connector
  • The heated mirrors are activated by the rear defroster button

ManfromRI

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Yea it's working great, im using the relay but with 4 wires, you forgot to add the wire that goes to the mirrors.

I just used a general switched 4 wire relay diagram, just make sure everything works before you start tucking the wires away haha.

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Yea it's working great, im using the relay but with 4 wires, you forgot to add the wire that goes to the mirrors.

I just used a general switched 4 wire relay diagram, just make sure everything works before you start tucking the wires away haha.
Cool, thanks man. I am going to give this a shot.

DAVEEVAD

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
I have been planning on adding heated side mirrors to my 2020 Sport Hatch and have been doing some research. I don't want to get started until the weather gets a bit warmer here in WNY. With no garage and cold temps, I don't want to break any plastic tabs. However, if anyone wants to use what I've found and let me know how it goes, have at it.

From what I can tell, the fuses for the side mirror heating elements are present on all the Hatch models. They are the same 20A fuses that supply the power window motors & power mirrors (B28 Driver Front) & (B15 Pass Front). The Power from these fuses enters the power window switches at pin 4 (Driver) & pin 1 (Pass). What I am not sure about is whether the power wires for the heater elements are present from the window switches to the mirrors. Pin 15 (Driver window switch) & pin 23 (Pass window switch).

If someone wants to see if they can measure +12V from pin 15 to GND (pin 3 of Driver window switch) & pin 23 to GND (pin 3 of Pass window switch) when the defrost switch is pressed, we can confirm my assumptions. Also, let me know if the Pink (Driver) & Green (Pass) wires are present on models without standard Heated Side Mirrors.

See attached wiring diagrams with my markups.

Edit - You would need to purchase the appropriate mirrors with the integrated heater elements and attach to them with spade connectors to get this working.

Attachments

Last edited:

ManfromRI

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CW Civic Type R
Country flag
I have been planning on adding heated side mirrors to my 2020 Sport Hatch and have been doing some research. I don't want to get started until the weather gets a bit warmer here in WNY. With no garage and cold temps, I don't want to break any plastic tabs. However, if anyone wants to use what I've found and let me know how it goes, have at it.

From what I can tell, the fuses for the side mirror heating elements are present on all the Hatch models. They are the same 20A fuses that supply the power window motors & power mirrors (B28 Driver Front) & (B15 Pass Front). The Power from these fuses enters the power window switches at pin 4 (Driver) & pin 1 (Pass). What I am not sure about is whether the power wires for the heater elements are present from the window switches to the mirrors. Pin 15 (Driver window switch) & pin 23 (Pass window switch).

If someone wants to see if they can measure +12V from pin 15 to GND (pin 3 of Driver window switch) & pin 23 to GND (pin 3 of Pass window switch) when the defrost switch is pressed, we can confirm my assumptions. Also, let me know if the Pink (Driver) & Green (Pass) wires are present on models without standard Heated Side Mirrors.

See attached wiring diagrams with my markups.

Edit - You would need to purchase the appropriate mirrors with the integrated heater elements and attach to them with spade connectors to get this working.
I looked into this before I started my install. I thought the same thing, just tap into the Heated mirror wires off the power windows switch. Unfortunately there aren't any wires there (atleast on my '17 USDM FK8) I just ran new wires to each mirror. This was before the new '20 models came out with factory htd mirrors.

I'm sure now you can get the new harnesses & mirrors and make everything plug and play, but I'm sure it's not cheaper than buying the mirrors (plates) and running wires.

DAVEEVAD

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
I looked into this before I started my install. I thought the same thing, just tap into the Heated mirror wires off the power windows switch. Unfortunately there aren't any wires there (atleast on my '17 USDM FK8) I just ran new wires to each mirror. This was before the new '20 models came out with factory htd mirrors.

I'm sure now you can get the new harnesses & mirrors and make everything plug and play, but I'm sure it's not cheaper than buying the mirrors (plates) and running wires.
Just to confirm, you were able to get this working by running new wires from the window switch assembly & adding new mirrors with the heating element included, correct?

My plan was to add the wires, assuming that they would not be there. This is a nice confirmation that the +12V is present at the window switches.

Do you happen to have a pinout of the window switch assembly or the header(s) that plug into it.? I know I need to tap into pins 15(D) & 23(P) but not knowing the pinout I will need some trial & error before I locate the correct pins.

-Thanks!

ManfromRI

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Just to confirm, you were able to get this working by running new wires from the window switch assembly & adding new mirrors with the heating element included, correct?

My plan was to add the wires, assuming that they would not be there. This is a nice confirmation that the +12V is present at the window switches.

Do you happen to have a pinout of the window switch assembly or the header(s) that plug into it.? I know I need to tap into pins 15(D) & 23(P) but not knowing the pinout I will need some trial & error before I locate the correct pins.

-Thanks!

Sorry, I meant I ran new wires from the connector down in the drivers footwell.

Both wiring diagrams are similar for oem/non-oem heated mirrors. But I do believe the window switches have different part numbers, so it must have something internally that connects the heated mirrors other than just ordering pins and running wires in factory location or ordering the factory harness with built-in Htd mirror option.

Hope that provides more info,

Mike

DAVEEVAD

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Sorry, I meant I ran new wires from the connector down in the drivers footwell.

Both wiring diagrams are similar for oem/non-oem heated mirrors. But I do believe the window switches have different part numbers, so it must have something internally that connects the heated mirrors other than just ordering pins and running wires in factory location or ordering the factory harness with built-in Htd mirror option.

Hope that provides more info,

Mike
Thanks for the clarification. I hope the window switches aren't different but I guess it makes sense they would be. I'll look into it while I wait for the weather to warm up a bit.

If anyone in this thread knows the part number(s) of the window switches and/or the pin numbering of the socket(s), please provide.

Thanks!

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag
what gauge wires did you guys use to install? I bought a set but the included wires looked really thin.

Also, does anyone know the amperage draw for heated mirrors?
Sponsored