Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
Pretty rediculous you gotta take it to a dealer almost to get the brakes changed. Luckily and old friend of mine is a Honda tech and is bringing over her scanner to but the thing in maintenance mode and or figure out what is up
I don't really think it's that big of a deal. You either get an ODB2 tool that puts it into maintenance mode, or unbolt the actuator and do it manually. I'd MUCH rather do that than have to deal with the old drum style ebrake on my Element. Talk about a pain in the ass.
Sponsored

fitter_here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2016 Sedan
Country flag
I don't really think it's that big of a deal. You either get an ODB2 tool that puts it into maintenance mode, or unbolt the actuator and do it manually. I'd MUCH rather do that than have to deal with the old drum style ebrake on my Element. Talk about a pain in the ass.
I agree with you it's much easier to reset by hand than doing old drum styles works

garym0510

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX with Sensing
Country flag
Yes, you do, it's real easy to do.
when you reinstall the EPB clean the O ring and you can lubricate it with silicone grease or vaseline, be careful not to break it.
Can't find an e11 torx socket what is this called at an auto parts store

garym0510

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Try this:
-Switch off, brake pedal applied, apply parking brake on 3-4 times.
- Start the engine, seat belt fasten, brake pedal applied, apply parking brake a few times.
Just got done doing all that didn't no anything still brake light flashes and still same problem

garym0510

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Your last option is try to reset it with the electronic tool wishing that you didn't break anything by turning the piston caliper in.
Keep us informed
Good luck
Don't think I broke anything because the electronic brake still works and holds. The only thing that doesn't work is the brake hold system

garym0510

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So I just recieved my obd2 scanner today... Tried to do maintenance mode. Apparently I have an open circuit on the driver side which seems to be a common problem. Apprently have to buy a new wire harness. I suppose..

Honda Civic 10th gen Retract EPB with 12V power? Screenshot_20200606-184025_Autel MaxiAP200

garym0510

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Your last option is try to reset it with the electronic tool wishing that you didn't break anything by turning the piston caliper in.
Keep us informed
Good luck
Just recieved obd2 today I have an open circuit on the driver side. But all wires are connected maybe a harness has broken I don't no but everything is connected as I didn't Un hook anything. Gonna try replacing the harness and see what happens I guess.

XxTeexX

First Name
Tee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch & 2018 Civic EX
Country flag
I retract it using the tool I linked. Make sure the parking brake is deactivated before you start. Deactivating the parking brake doesn’t retract it all the way, so you use the tool to push it the rest of the way in.
Can you push it the rest of the way in like the fronts or do you need to press and turn still? (in service mode)

wes1099

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Can you push it the rest of the way in like the fronts or do you need to press and turn still? (in service mode)
On the rears you press and turn and the piston will go back far enough that it is almost level with the caliper. For the fronts you can just push. The tool I bought has an attachment for the rear with 2 pins that line up with the slots in the rear pistons (adapter plate #7), and it has a flat plate as well for the fronts.

This is the tool: https://amazon.com/gp/product/B077SQ75J7/

I recently bought this OBD2 tool to try brake maintenance mode but I haven't used it yet.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QD4GZW4/

XxTeexX

First Name
Tee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch & 2018 Civic EX
Country flag
On the rears you press and turn and the piston will go back far enough that it is almost level with the caliper. For the fronts you can just push. The tool I bought has an attachment for the rear with 2 pins that line up with the slots in the rear pistons (adapter plate #7), and it has a flat plate as well for the fronts.

This is the tool: https://amazon.com/gp/product/B077SQ75J7/

I recently bought this OBD2 tool to try brake maintenance mode but I haven't used it yet.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QD4GZW4/
Thanks , so even thought I retract the epb with my tool I still need to push and turn the rear correct? I will purchase this!

wes1099

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Thanks , so even thought I retract the epb with my tool I still need to push and turn the rear correct? I will purchase this!
Yes, you will still need to push/turn the piston a little bit after enabling maintenance mode. Also, make sure to only disable maintenance mode after the caliper is mounted back on the car, otherwise it might push the pistons out.
Sponsored