Retaining USB 2012 civic LX

Coupe

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda LX Coupe
There isn't too much out on this one. Saw a thread that it can be done, but not where to plug in the adapter. The USB harness plugs into a piece near the shifter. Is that where you plug the adapter or is it further on? I have no idea where it goes after that point. I don't want to rip things apart that I don't need to. I want to retain the usb for my new kenwood.

The adapter I bought, have not received it yet.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07QPV91FC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I know this is a 10th gen forum, but I can't find anyone that knows about the USB for the 9th gen.
Sponsored

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
If your car originally had USB then you just plug the USB harness that used to go into the OEM headunit into the adapter you linked. The USB Type A end then goes into your new aftermarket head unit USB socket.

Locations will be dependant on which model but you can just chase the wiring from the OEM USB socket if it's not behind the head unit.

OP
OP

Coupe

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda LX Coupe
That's the thing, there is no plug in going into the head unit. I'll try to chase the wire beyond the first hook up.

Edit: Traced it it just keeps going then gets buried in the dash. Maybe it goes to the iMid or splits into the stereo harness somewhere?

The grey box.

It's the black loomed wire

Last edited:
OP
OP

Coupe

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda LX Coupe