First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had a question about the maintenance minder. Is it possible to reset the MM sub items without resetting the main code (oil). I changed the cabin air filter and engine air filter before the sub items came up (they were extremely dirty) but didn’t know if resetting the sub items will reset the oil life as well. Did not want to accidentally reset the oil.
Sponsored

Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Yes, you can! At least in my LX model, all I have to do is to hold down the little knob while on the oil life screen, and from there I can move the knob to a sub-item and then hold down the knob to reset just that item.

Not sure how you would do it on your Sport Touring though since it has a touchscreen display doesn't it? It says so in the owners manual though that's where I saw it.

OP
OP
dj2819

dj2819

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, you can! At least in my LX model, all I have to do is to hold down the little knob while on the oil life screen, and from there I can move the knob to a sub-item and then hold down the knob to reset just that item.

Not sure how you would do it on your Sport Touring though since it has a touchscreen display doesn't it? It says so in the owners manual though that's where I saw it.
We have the touch screen that has the reset options but when you clock reset it asks for confirmation with the oil life. So confusing but I crossed my fingers anyway and did it. It reset just the air filters without the oil. Thank god.
This is the confusing confirmation:
Honda Civic 10th gen Reset Maintenance Minder sub items only image

it appears as it will reset the oil life too but it doesn’t.

Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh okay cool! Good to know for those touchscreen users. By the way, get yourself a nice microfiber towel and clean that screen! haha

OP
OP
dj2819

dj2819

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
TX
Oh okay cool! Good to know for those touchscreen users. By the way, get yourself a nice microfiber towel and clean that screen! haha
Haha yes I should! Been a while since I detailed in the interior.

OP
OP
dj2819

dj2819

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't know how to detail my interior. I need to find someplace that does
In my 02 Acura I used to use Armor All but that interior was not black plastic/soft touch like the Civic. From my experience Armor All doesn't work too great on plastic (gives it a fake shine). I see my car wash guys just use foaming glass cleaner to wipe down the interior with a microfiber cloth. Not sure if that is a good idea but it gets the job done.

This does spark my interest and maybe I should see if there are any threads on interior detailing products. Its not that hard. You just need a nice quality product and some microfiber.

Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
In my 02 Acura I used to use Armor All but that interior was not black plastic/soft touch like the Civic. From my experience Armor All doesn't work too great on plastic (gives it a fake shine). I see my car wash guys just use foaming glass cleaner to wipe down the interior with a microfiber cloth. Not sure if that is a good idea but it gets the job done.

This does spark my interest and maybe I should see if there are any threads on interior detailing products. Its not that hard. You just need a nice quality product and some microfiber.
Actually there is! Let me go find it for you.

Here's a post from a related topic to this one. Forgot how the conversation got there but yeah!

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...ivic-once-in-a-while.48889/page-4#post-821318
Sponsored