REQUEST: SharksFin antenna removal

spazz2sick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey man so I got most of the side pillar off, I just don't know how to get the last part of it that seems stuck lol, any advice? I think I see the antenna clip in there too. Thanks man!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Oh damn an I completely forgot. I'm taking can now
Sponsored

ALOHAbyCHOICE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic ext
Country flag
Yeah it pops right off. The only things holding it up are like those 2 plastic circle things that you can see on the left and the right
Do you have to remove any of the pillar? Can someone do a diy ?

ALOHAbyCHOICE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic ext
Country flag
I've got it done and know what to do. I can send you better info tomorrow with pictures . The cable for the fin actually runs down all the way to the pilar on the passenger side rear seat so it's kind of a pain.
Can you help me with headliner/shark fin removal?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Aiirik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback sport WOP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got a hatchback. Got some pics to share? I wanna wrap my roof
ill take some tomorrow. its nothing complicated to do though. just remove the back passenger plastic panel where the door meets. then pull the panel that hides the seat belt mechanism. and youll see a thick wire. if youre not sure which, open the hatch and remove the middle plastic trim panel at the top of the window , pop it out. take the screws out of the back dome light and remove the housing from the liner(it should just dangle from its wire) and that will allow you to pull the roof material down from the trunk area to see the fin wire. its kinda weird to explain but if you check your car youll kinda understand.

Zange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WoP Civic Touring
Country flag
Question for those who can answer. If I remove the antenna can I remove the cap So i can vinyl wrap it or do I need to remove the whole wire?

spazz2sick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Question for those who can answer. If I remove the antenna can I remove the cap So i can vinyl wrap it or do I need to remove the whole wire?
The whole thing needs to be removed, including the wire. I tried without taking it off completely and ruined my wrap lol.

spazz2sick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How long was the wire and is it easy to remove and put back?
Hmmm I think the wire is probably about 12-15 inches. And yeah just some annoying clips holding it in lol. Kinda sucks to take out but easy to put back I.

Aiirik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback sport WOP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you post pictures on how to remove the shark fin antenna. I have a hatchback and planning on wrapping my roof
This isn't the best way to show it but its something, i've been sick for a few days and not really feeling like opening everything up in my car. so hopefully these instructions help a bit. if you have questions let me know.

(IF PICTURES DON'T WORK, GO TO BOTTOM OF MY POST FOR LINKS.

Honda Civic 10th gen REQUEST: SharksFin antenna removal 2017-honda-civic-hatchback-sport-touring-rear-inteiror-seats-jpg__40880__2

Honda Civic 10th gen REQUEST: SharksFin antenna removal 2017-Honda-Civic-Hatchback-Sport-Touring-cargo

Edit: fix one of the pictures.
Edit: apparently pictures dont work for some people/on my iphone

DIRECT LINK TO PICTURES/INTRUSCTIONS.
http://imgur.com/a/7b72V
http://imgur.com/a/wYla6

Last edited:

jepoi03

First Name
Rolando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport
Country flag
This isn't the best way to show it but its something, i've been sick for a few days and not really feeling like opening everything up in my car. so hopefully these instructions help a bit. if you have questions let me know.

Honda Civic 10th gen REQUEST: SharksFin antenna removal 2017-honda-civic-hatchback-sport-touring-rear-inteiror-seats-jpg__40880__2

Honda Civic 10th gen REQUEST: SharksFin antenna removal 2017-Honda-Civic-Hatchback-Sport-Touring-cargo

Hope you feel better soon! For some reason, i can't view the photos from photobucket, can you please re-upload them but not in photobucket? Much appreciated!!!