Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe

Chewy48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe
Hey guys for the shark fin removal I opened my trunk and pulled back the liner and it seems that theres a wire that comes out of the pillar. Could this be the wire from the antenna?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Anyone....lol

Aiirik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback sport WOP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone....lol
best bet is to start from the top of where your fin is, and follow the wire down. to make sure you're following the right one and not unplugging everything. on my hatch it was in the pillar so i cant really tell you if yours is in the trunk or not. my wire was about 2-3 feet long. it was located behind the seat belt mechanism. once it was unplugged its just pulling on the fin upwards till you've pulled the entire wire out.

spazz2sick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I finally wrapped my roof yesterday and it wasn't that bad. To remove the "oh shit" bars all you need is some kind of pry tool and some needle nose pliers. Once those are off and the 2 clips along the rear window the headliner pretty much falls off. The antenna wires are the same I guess they go along the rear panel on the right side of the car, was super easy to take off. I'll post pictures later today. (In reference to sedans)

Chewy48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe
So I finally wrapped my roof yesterday and it wasn't that bad. To remove the "oh shit" bars all you need is some kind of pry tool and some needle nose pliers. Once those are off and the 2 clips along the rear window the headliner pretty much falls off. The antenna wires are the same I guess they go along the rear panel on the right side of the car, was super easy to take off. I'll post pictures later today. (In reference to sedans)
Awesome man! Thanks! The only hard party that I don't get is how to remove the panel on the back right of the car. Would appreciate some pics later. Thanks so much man!

spazz2sick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It j
Awesome man! Thanks! The only hard party that I don't get is how to remove the panel on the back right of the car. Would appreciate some pics later. Thanks so much man![/QUO
Give it a little force it
So you just have to give it a little force. I used a pry tool and it popped righ off. I didn't remove any of the lower panels either. I was a little scared I was going to break it, but I said Ef it lol. Pulled and it popped off.

Chewy48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe
It j

So you just have to give it a little force. I used a pry tool and it popped righ off. I didn't remove any of the lower panels either. I was a little scared I was going to break it, but I said Ef it lol. Pulled and it popped off.
Lol that's the same way I felt about the headliner but I just said fuck it lol. So basically the side panel pulls right off as one piece? You just need to pry it off? And by pry tool do you mean like a cro bar or the back of a hammer? Lol anyways man if you could send some pics of the side pillar and your pry tool that would be awesome. I'm so eager to get this roof wrapped haha. Also send some pics of your roof, would love to see!

Chewy48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe
It j

also man real quick, my side pillar has the side curtain airbag on it, does that make any difference?

Honda Civic 10th gen REQUEST: SharksFin antenna removal ima

Chewy48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe
also man real quick, my side pillar has the side curtain airbag on it, does that make any difference?

image.jpeg
Hey guys this is my last question lol. Just want to know how to go about this since I have the airbag clip thing

Aiirik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback sport WOP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys this is my last question lol. Just want to know how to go about this since I have the airbag clip thing
Mine wasn't actually in that piece . It was behind the seatbelt part . Beside your seat. You'll have to pull the plastic panel that's closer to your feet and then take the panel out on the side .

Again might be different from my hatch

Chewy48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe
It j

Hey man so I got most of the side pillar off, I just don't know how to get the last part of it that seems stuck lol, any advice? I think I see the antenna clip in there too. Thanks man!