Request: Removing interior fuse cover - Closed

KeNzOo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
Hello,

This will be my first time removing the fuse cover on the Civic as I was accustomed that the fuse box was in the hood area.

Can anyone point me to a tutorial or just a guide on how to remove it? The 12V outlet is not working and my suspect is that a fuse might be the culprit.

TIA
Sponsored

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
I'm not quite sure what you're asking. There's no cover on the fuse box that's in the cabin. It's under the dash and the diagram is by the hood release.

The box in the engine compartment has 3 tabs that you push and then it pulls right up.

OP
OP
KeNzOo

KeNzOo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
I'm not quite sure what you're asking. There's no cover on the fuse box that's in the cabin. It's under the dash and the diagram is by the hood release.

The box in the engine compartment has 3 tabs that you push and then it pulls right up.

can it be accessed without removing the cover below the steering wheel? having hard time looking for it, might try it during the day.

TIA

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
It's in plain sight, you just have to get low. Pushing the driver's seat as far back as it will go and laying down on the floor with a flashlight will give you the best possible angle for both the diagram and the fuse panel.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Just to quip, if you do want to remove the panel, it's held in with clips only.

Hold the bottom part of the plastic panel by the fusebox and pull out. unplug any of the driver-aid switches if applicable. There's also a rubber hose attached to the temperature sensor by the ignition key/button, that pulls out as well.

OP
OP
KeNzOo

KeNzOo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
Thank you guys for your inputs. Will try this later, hopefully with the sun still out.

Anyhow, do you guys experienced any issues with the 12V aux outlet? mine stopped working, i dunno if this was caused by my portable tire inflator as this was the only thing i use the 12v aux for.

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
Thank you guys for your inputs. Will try this later, hopefully with the sun still out.

Anyhow, do you guys experienced any issues with the 12V aux outlet? mine stopped working, i dunno if this was caused by my portable tire inflator as this was the only thing i use the 12v aux for.
No idea. I've never used mine.

Since the car is still under warranty, take it to a dealer you trust and get them to look at it if a new fuse doesn't work.

OP
OP
KeNzOo

KeNzOo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
Again, thanks for the help.

Good thing there's an extra fuse placed on the cover of the fuse box. I didnt even have to go to the nearest autozone to buy some.

closing thread
Sponsored